• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ford Kingpin knuckle plating

tcDawg

Anyone use the DIY4x Ford Kingpin knuckle plate kit? See the pic below, I can't figure out which piece goes where??? Asked DIY4x and they said they had a YouTube video but that video must be a Chevy knuckle because the pieces they use in that video are different than what I have.

Anyone have experience here? And no, that knuckle is not prepped for welding yet!

IMG_8215.jpg

Thanks

Your suggestions are about the only way I see them fitting, but some of those parts(specifically the L shaped piece) don't seem to fit worth a darn. I know they parts will take a little heat and a hammer to manipulate a little...just wanted to see if anyone could confirm the right placement.

I bet it takes a lot of heat and hammering.

I'm not so sure of which way the bends are supposed to go? If they are meant to sorta "pre-fit" on the knuckle, or if they are are supposed to bend outward then be worked down? I probably have the opposite bend angle of each piece on the knuckle :****:

A guy on Pirate 4x4 Facebook sent me pictures of his. I was close...and so were you. Some of the pieces appear to take a good bit of bending. I think I'm good.

A guy on Pirate 4x4 Facebook sent me pictures of his. I was close...and so were you. Some of the pieces appear to take a good bit of bending. I think I'm good.
Whenever you get a chance, post that picture of the right orientation from the person on Pirate.

Also, I think it would be interesting to see what all all of a hassle it is to plate the knuckles too.

Pretty sure that's one I used on mine and my spare knuckles. Might be different brand but same concept. Definitely takes some tweaking to get it right. I don't have any pics on this phone unfortunately. Make sure ya pre heat and wrap em up when done

Latest posts