• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fords PSD vs Dodes Cummins..

Just because there are more of them on the road doeasn't mean there is more aftermarket for them...

The trucks are there. The owners are there. The money is there. If the PSDs were capable of being modified to the same level as the Cummins are, we would be seeing it.

What you are suggesting is the PSD owners have no aftermarket and spend no money modifying their trucks, which is patently false.

Where did I say this? :rolleyes:
Take your HP argument to the other thread, that's why I started it.

The high pressure oil injection system is a excellent system designed to do away with those unreliable injection pumps that keep the Cummins' in the shop constantly.

If you're gonna make ignorant blanket statements in this thread, you're gonna get called on them. IN THIS THREAD. :kiss:

The trucks are there. The owners are there. The money is there. If the PSDs were capable of being modified to the same level as the Cummins are, we would be seeing it.

What you are suggesting is the PSD owners have no aftermarket and spend no money modifying their trucks, which is patently false.:

I didn't suggest anything. I said the Cummins has more aftermarket support which is true.

If you're gonna make ignorant blanket statements in this thread, you're gonna get called on them. IN THIS THREAD. :kiss:

It's a blanket statemant and it's a true one at that. I tell you what, I haven't been in a Diesel shop in a couple years or so. Go to your local shop and see if there isn't a Cummins in there with a bad injection pump. Come back and let us know what you find.:corn:

I didn't suggest anything. I said the Cummins has more aftermarket support which is true.

So you really think that the PSD has been overlooked? That it is a diamond in the rough? That there is a metric ****-ton of money to be made by catering to largest segment of diesel powered light trucks if only someone would bother to do it? Wouldn't PSD owners just leap at the chance to show up those Cummins guys?

Seriously, if you're so much smarter than everyone else and all of these businesses that specialize in aftermarket modifications, why aren't you making a fortune doing it? Just because everyone else has failed at it doesn't mean that you can't make a killing. This should be like buying a winning lottery ticket. It's not often that an opportunity like this knocks at your door.

It's a blanket statemant and it's a true one at that. I tell you what, I haven't been in a Diesel shop in a couple years or so. Go to your local shop and see if there isn't a Cummins in there with a bad injection pump. Come back and let us know what you find.

It was certainly a blanket statement, and an ignorant one at that. So how many VE, P7100, and CP3 pumps have you seen replaced? Do you even know difference between the VE, P7100, VP44, and CP3 pumps? :corn:

Apparently unlike you, I've never had the need to go to a diesel shop at all. Ever. Period. That's what buying a Cummins will do for ya'. :awesomework:

So you really think that the PSD has been overlooked? That it is a diamond in the rough? That there is a metric ****-ton of money to be made by catering to largest segment of diesel powered light trucks if only someone would bother to do it? Wouldn't PSD owners just leap at the chance to show up those Cummins guys?

Seriously, if you're so much smarter than everyone else and all of these businesses that specialize in aftermarket modifications, why aren't you making a fortune doing it? Just because everyone else has failed at it doesn't mean that you can't make a killing. This should be like buying a winning lottery ticket. It's not often that an opportunity like this knocks at your door.
Could be because I don't give a **** about aftermarket truck crap. It's just a observation and it happens to be true.

It was certainly a blanket statement, and an ignorant one at that. So how many VE, P7100, and CP3 pumps have you seen replaced? Do you even know difference between the VE, P7100, VP44, and CP3 pumps? :corn:

Apparently unlike you, I've never had the need to go to a diesel shop at all. Ever. Period. That's what buying a Cummins will do for ya'. :awesomework:

I don't care which pump is which. Again I never said anything about any pump specifically but the VP44 which has more than enough problems to make up for the rest.
Like you I'v never had a shop work on my truck.
Why don't you go back to the first page of this thread and read what it's about then come back here and give your input?

Binder, it seems that you're more butt hurt about buying a powerstroke then anything else. Not a single thing that will ever be said in favor of the cummins being the better engine, will ever be true. So are you in this just to boost your post count or what? Because you certainly aren't learning anything, you have no want to. As you have just plainly stated.

Binder, it seems that you're more butt hurt about buying a powerstroke then anything else. Not a single thing that will ever be said in favor of the cummins being the better engine, will ever be true. So are you in this just to boost your post count or what? Because you certainly aren't learning anything, you have no want to. As you have just plainly stated.

I'm not butthurt about anything. Like I stated earlier in this thread I'm not brand loyal so why would I be butthurt. I'm always learning but I also call BS when I see it. It shakes out to be what it is I guess.:cool:

I'm not butthurt about anything. Like I stated earlier in this thread I'm not brand loyal so why would I be butthurt. I'm always learning but I also call BS when I see it. It shakes out to be what it is I guess.:cool:

So you keep telling me to prove it. Why aren't you subject to the same? Show us how the Powerstroke is so much better then the Cummins. Not why it "should" be better (because many Ford owners say that). But in REALITY why it is better.

btw I'm still searching for a company that sells kits to put powerstrokes in...... well, anything. So far, I know of kits to put the cummins into older Dodges, Damn near all years of Fords, as well as decades of chevy's. But, like you say, there is no reason to use the cummins. It's just a popularity thing with no grounds for being better.

So you keep telling me to prove it. Why aren't you subject to the same? Show us how the Powerstroke is so much better then the Cummins. Not why it "should" be better (because many Ford owners say that). But in REALITY why it is better.
Where did I say it's better?

btw I'm still searching for a company that sells kits to put powerstrokes in...... well, anything. So far, I know of kits to put the cummins into older Dodges, Damn near all years of Fords, as well as decades of chevy's. But, like you say, there is no reason to use the cummins. It's just a popularity thing with no grounds for being better.

Exactly! More aftermarket for the Cummins....And I never said there's no reason to use one.
Some of you guys need to slow down a bit on your reading and read what's written and not what you think it should say or what you want it to say.....

Exactly! More aftermarket for the Cummins....And I never said there's no reason to use one.
Some of you guys need to slow down a bit on your reading and read what's written and not what you think it should say or what you want it to say.....

and WHY do you think there is a bigger market for it? Someone tossed a coin and it landed on tails? Ford boys are after the "look at me!" mods.. People who bought the dodge, bought for the motor. Either longevity, or the ability to modify.

I however, love the truck. I haven't had any problems with it.. It looks better then the Ford, and the interior is WAY better. I'd be amazed if anyone even took credit for designing that dash :puke:

Could be because I don't give a **** about aftermarket truck crap. It's just a observation and it happens to be true.

So you don't give or know **** about the aftermarket for your truck but you want to pontificate about it? :haha:

Ever flip through any of the diesel enthusiast magazines? Notice all of the ads for PSD parts?

Your argument here is BS, pure and simple. Just because you don't like the fact that the 7.3 PSD does not have the same potential as the Cummins 5.9 does not make it any less true. And before you bother arguing that real world fact any more, could you please take your own advice and provide some facts of your own?

I don't care which pump is which. Again I never said anything about any pump specifically but the VP44 which has more than enough problems to make up for the rest.

You made an ignorant, bullshit blanket statement and got called on it. Just admit it already.

What you did would be like someone saying something about those unreliable, head gasket popping Power Strokes and inferring that ALL versions of the PSD had that problem instead of just the first couple years of the 6.0 liter.

Why don't you go back to the first page of this thread and read what it's about then come back here and give your input?

I actually did bother to read all 18 pages before responding. You seem very insecure that some other brand of engine receives more acclaim that the one you chose.

I give a **** about your ladies debate, I straight piped my 7.3 idi tonight with full 3" single exhaust and it sounds flat out fawking wicked. No new fangled turbo diesel can even touch how good it sounds so you can all eat a deep fried cawk as you pass me in your over priced electronically controlled pecker extension. :fawkdancesmiley:

So you don't give or know **** about the aftermarket for your truck but you want to pontificate about it? :haha:

Ever flip through any of the diesel enthusiast magazines? Notice all of the ads for PSD parts?

Your argument here is BS, pure and simple. Just because you don't like the fact that the 7.3 PSD does not have the same potential as the Cummins 5.9 does not make it any less true. And before you bother arguing that real world fact any more, could you please take your own advice and provide some facts of your own?

You made an ignorant, bullshit blanket statement and got called on it. Just admit it already.

What you did would be like someone saying something about those unreliable, head gasket popping Power Strokes and inferring that ALL versions of the PSD had that problem instead of just the first couple years of the 6.0 liter.

I actually did bother to read all 18 pages before responding. You seem very insecure that some other brand of engine receives more acclaim that the one you chose.

I'm done responding to you until you learn to read. I never wrote most of the crap you keep bringing up so what's the point.:rolleyes:
Have a nice day!:awesomework:

I give a **** about your ladies debate, I straight piped my 7.3 idi tonight with full 3" single exhaust and it sounds flat out fawking wicked. No new fangled turbo diesel can even touch how good it sounds so you can all eat a deep fried cawk as you pass me in your over priced electronically controlled pecker extension. :fawkdancesmiley:

Sweet. As long as you are happy with whatever truck/engine you have, isn't that all that matters? :awesomework:

In comparison a couple things off the top of my head.....
PS motor mounts don't tend to rip off the side of the block.:rolleyes:

Source, please. Because this is the first I have heard of this problem. Or are you talking about the problem with some of the 24v blocks with the "53" casting cracking?

Roll pins don't tend to rip the front of the engine in half which I'm guessing can be a bad day.....

Yes, it's a bad thing when it happens. Easily preventable with $50 worth of parts and a few hours of easy wrenching, though. If that is the worst thing that can be said of the good old 12v, I'll take one every day of the week and twice on Sundays. :awesomework:

Need I even say it, VP 44.

Probably the worst thing to happen to the Cummins. They seem to do okay enough when a decent lift pump system is added, but I'd still never have all that much faith in them and always have money set aside to replace the pump when it failed.

Bad things about the PS....Injectors are expensive....Being a V design the engine compartment tends to be more cramped so it's harder to work on...

Don't forget the notorious cam position sensor failures on the 7.3s. And glow plug preheating system that is not only far less efective than the grid heater used on the Cummins, but degrades and fails much quicker, too. And need I even say it, 6.0 liter.

Point is, both lines of engines have had their high and low points. I would equally avoid the Cummins ISB 24v and Powerstroke 6.0 liter engines. The Cummins 6BTA and Powerstroke 7.3 liter engines have both proven to be solid, long lasting engines. Of the two, I think the Cummins is the more medium duty and overbuilt for a light truck application. It has been demonstrated over and over that the Cummins has greater performance potential, but the reality is that for the average Joe pulling his junk down the highway, either engine will likely serve him just fine. I happen to prefer the incredible simplicity, reliability and survivability of the Cummins 12v. The thing can even run with no electral power.