• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Forest Fire at Walker, Closed till OCT 15th (from press release)...

Duck Dodgers

Just got back from there a bit ago. Around 1pm they were at 25 acres or so and supposedly 50% contained. However as we were there the winds started to pick up. We headed up Easy Valley connector, hopped on BR-23 and headed south to where the road meets up with Bear Creek Mainline. The Sheriff had the road closed and was turning people back. So, not sure what has gone on since. One DNR guy we talked to said they were bringing in a couple of helicopters to do water drops. Looked like they were staging for refueling in a field on the straight stretch of Walker Valley rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walker Valley recreational area closed due to fire danger

October 7, 2012 The Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has closed the Walker Valley off road vehicle (ORV) recreational area due to fire danger. A twenty-four-acre wildfire burning on DNR lands east of Mt Vernon, in Skagit County, threatens the safety of those using the popular ORV trails.
The thirty six miles of trails were closed to public access on Sunday, October 7th and will remain closed until Monday, October 15th. The wildfire, which started Saturday, is burning in an area recently logged, as well as older standing timber. The fire was 50 percent contained by Sunday evening. The fire has a high potential for renewed growth because of the heavily wooded conditions and the presence of slash piles.

I went ahead and deleted my own thread, since I somehow messed it up! :mad:
The pertinent info Regarding Walker's Fire is here...:awesomework:

I went ahead and deleted my own thread, since I somehow messed it up! :mad:
The pertinent info Regarding Walker's Fire is here...:awesomework:

Of course when i need a break in run up at walker...they close it!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Any body have any alternatives close??????:corn:

Actually it's not "Closed until further notice". It's closed until the 15th of Oct. according to the DNR release.
FIXED the Title...Ya happy now??? :fawkdancesmiley: :D
Now, if it remains closed beyond the 15th due to the fire taking off...:corn:

Hi Folks

FYI
Attached is a photo of a large fire that started in Walker Valley
yesterday. The fire burned hot and deep making containment and
suppression difficult. The fire has burned across some of our motorized
recreation trails. For user safety and fire fighter safety we have
closed the Walker Valley trail system. We will reevaluate the situation
on Wednesday.

Please remind your members to be careful with fire and to check their
spark arrester.

Thanks

Mark

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 1:22 PM
To: MAUREN, MARK (DNR)
Subject: Roaming roe fire photo (walker valley)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 211
when walker does open back up expect to get your spark arrestor inspected...

Last edited:
As I hope they do. sounds like some motorcycles (SMC trail) went without one.

Whats sad is that Ron spends more time looking for and ticketing missing DP holders than checking for spark arrestors during the dry season.

Last edited:
when walker does open back up expect to get your spark arrestor inspected...

Scott....my bike muffler doesn't have a screen over the end but says "USFS approved spark arrestor" (or something to that effect) on the side. What do you think?

I wish my bike wasn't broken:mad: