• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

forest fires

Looking at another program it overlayed the fire area over the trails map, our adopt-a-trail completely burned, we will have a lot of work next year.

Hi all,

1982cj7 which trail are you referring to?

Regards,

Alan

Looking at another program it overlayed the fire area over the trails map, our adopt-a-trail completely burned, we will have a lot of work next year.

We(PNW4WDA) will be scheduling workpartys to get the trails fixed. I will keep posting on here as I always do. There will be some process to go through but were not planning on loosing any of our trails.

when this happens I will make my best attempt to help/show up....we go over there a quite a few times every summer ....

we are coming over this weekend ....as it looks to me ...we should be able to run the entire naches trail over from fs70 ....and we should be able to make it to funny rocks via the 676 trail...I just want to double check ....:awesomework:

thanks

we are coming over this weekend ....as it looks to me ...we should be able to run the entire naches trail over from fs70 ....and we should be able to make it to funny rocks via the 676 trail...I just want to double check ....:awesomework:

thanks

Upper Kaner (676) Is closed above Lilly Pond. That is the only 4x closure on the Naches. And as for the last 3 years Milk Creek below Lilly Pond is still closed. Although not on a schedule Milk Creek has been sent out for bids as has also Rock Creek.

thanks

Simple answer is yes. Did it last weekend.

Wagon Trail (Naches) is open from FS70 all the way to the 19 Road (Little Naches Rd).

676 is open to the Lily Pond. Lily Pond downhill (right turn at pond) to the Milk Creek Road.

Milk Creed Rd uphill (left turn) to the end.

Normal trail to the 5 Way hill (Devil's Slide). Right turn at the top and up to the rocks:awesomework:

Simple answer is yes. Did it last weekend.

Wagon Trail (Naches) is open from FS70 all the way to the 19 Road (Little Naches Rd).

676 is open to the Lily Pond. Lily Pond downhill (right turn at pond) to the Milk Creek Road.

Milk Creed Rd uphill (left turn) to the end.

Normal trail to the 5 Way hill (Devil's Slide). Right turn at the top and up to the rocks:awesomework:

I know the area pretty well ....I just wanted to double check...we have a big group heading over ...I just did not want to spoil everyones weekend with somthing being closed ....thanks I appreciate it :awesomework:

Well it looks like the fire did not reach tripod flats and the cabin is still there.

this is true, I have pic proof. :awesomework: we ran all the way from FS70. dropped into the cabin last night, then got up this morning and headed for the hilarious rocks. Saw some fire damage. it is a soupy mess over there

according to the Cle Elum ranger district the tripod trail is closed. Is this not the case?

the only signs that were posted were just a warning that fire fighters may be in the area and use caution, nothing saying it was closed.

I had heard the area was VERY poorly signed but ya Cody that whole part of the trail system at the top of 3 fingers(large hill climb) to riders camp is closed.

I'm trying to open the map of closure, but for some reason my browser keeps pulling and error and shutting down. That was my very first time all the way over in that area. I was just tagging along with the people whoknew it.

Poorly signed would be correct, if the area we ran was indeed closed, and we were far from the first tracks thru the snow.

Here is a pic of the map--red is closed.

Attachments

• closed.jpg
    closed.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 123
Very hard to say if we ventured into closed area. We dropped down from the Lily pond side, came into the cabin the back way, never did go all the way to riders camp. From what I see on that map, I really don't believe we ran any closed area. But also like I said, my first time there, and I was just following and watching for closed signs.