• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

forest service roads

blackman

so someone told me that there was a FS road that went from northbend all the way to index or somewhere out on highway 2.. he siad he did it a number of years ago. was thinking it might be a fun day trip or something . maybe camp a night out there . i was going to go get a map or look into it online but i figured id throw it out on here and see if anybody has any info on it

Possibly the 5000 road. We used to go from North Bend to Start Up. Been gated for more than a few years.

what about FS 62? that goes just past zekes out of gold bar then somewhere to I90. North bend seems about right. thats gated too i believe. plus is not very entertaining up there nowadays.
I prefer High rock. tons of trails to get lost in. and bad ass views to boot.

well i was thinking of take my superduty with the wife and dog.. with camping stuff to possibly camp if we found a nice spot or just drive threw. no wheeling

62 has a cool waterfall up there. And there's some cool spots out of the way to set up a tent

The road that your thinking of is the 62 road...goes all the way to I-90...:awesomework: drove it a number of years ago but i think weyerhauser has gates on it now...:booo:

The road that your thinking of is the 62 road...goes all the way to I-90...:awesomework: drove it a number of years ago but i think weyerhauser has gates on it now...:booo:

They have gates on that road for over 20 years. They used to keep them open like 10 years ago durring hunting season. I have not seen that particular gate open since 911 since that road would also take you below the tolt reservoir.

i can drive from north bend to the gate on on 62 through old weyerhauser, but i cant open it :mad: i have a pass for all the hancock land $250 a year. well worth it. pretty sure its the 5000 road (not a numbers kind of guy). you can go quite aways back there 40 something miles.

i can drive from north bend to the gate on on 62 through old weyerhauser, but i cant open it :mad: i have a pass for all the hancock land $250 a year. well worth it. pretty sure its the 5000 road (not a numbers kind of guy). you can go quite aways back there 40 something miles.

We used to do that in the snow from 2 to I-90. You can also get into the road system via the carnation area but we never figured that out..

its easy right off 203 1.5 miles form my house, but the past two years they wont let you legally access it that way :;, only through snoqualmie. so strict not even supposed to bring people up there who dont have a pass:looser:. pretty good wheeling up there to. Washouts, random skid roads, boulder fields etc....