• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Four runner rear heater

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Has anybody put a rear heater in a toy 4 runner that origionally did not have one? I know a hole has to be made for the heater hoses--but is it bolt in besides that?

I seem to recall it's a bolt-in to put the non heater in a previously heater equipped runner. Might need some wiring, isn't there a fan in the console?

Hoses? I'm pretty sure it is electric.

It's been a while since I took apart that part of the wifes 4Runner, but again - pretty sure it is all electric.

However this applies to a 2nd gen., not sure about the 1st gen.

I seem to recall it's a bolt-in to put the non heater in a previously heater equipped runner. Might need some wiring, isn't there a fan in the console?

Ya I will have to wire it up--was more curious about it bolting in..

Hoses? I'm pretty sure it is electric.

It's been a while since I took apart that part of the wifes 4Runner, but again - pretty sure it is all electric.

However this applies to a 2nd gen., not sure about the 1st gen.

There's hoses on 1st gen's Jim. :awesomework:

Then he should bolt in the upgraded 2nd gen version.

Seems like a lot of hassle to get hoses back there, but I guess for Crash it is a walk in the park. :haha:

I'm sure he'll integrate the plumbing into a fancy new in-cab cage. :;

for the 1st gen rear heater all you need is 4 self tapping screws with the little rubber grommets. then the hoses are cake.

this be true..

Mike I have a 2nd gen that you can come rob crap off if you need.

Thanks man--I think I have everything but will find out when I put it in here soon :awesomework: I am trying to hold off till we find a replacement passenger seat.

I think my stuff is still in there. Take it out before I come get it as It is going to be taken out along with the center console. Its your if you want it. It saves me from taking it out anyway.