• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fox 2.0 air shocks

The shock mounts look fine, but it'd be nice to reduce the amount of shaft on the rear shocks. With enough N2 to make 7" show they're really trying to unload.

Did you run your setup through the 4 link calculator? Curious where your COG is in relation to roll center and anti squat.

Its funny cuz I have a ton of information to add here but none of you know me and from my experience, nobody really listens to a guy from the inner city who is unknown. Lol :)

LightBnDr said:
Its funny cuz I have a ton of information to add here but none of you know me and from my experience, nobody really listens to a guy from the inner city who is unknown. Lol :)

Who said not to? :dunno: go for it.

Any idea how much it weighs and what psi is in the shocks?

I weigh 3460. I'm at 70cc over stock up front with 120psi. 14in travel 2.0

I run 55cc over stock on the rear with 120psi. 16in 2.0

I run 2.5in of up travel front and rear. Most of the time I'm on the bumps. I spend less than 5% of my time on acces trails so I tuned to crawl slow speed with as little butt pucker as possible. I sit super low and I don't run sway bars or suck down winches.

I found that the more up travel you think you want makes air shocks need more extensive tuning.

Ex.. shim stacks and such. If you just want to crawl with the most stability, bring that oil level up and nitro levels way down.

Also I learned that fox has a worthless tech line. The guys on phone support should be replaced with people who have field or better yet, product experience.

I know that fox's website and fox tech line says that all of their emulsions are charged to 200psi shipped. Mine were 170, 145, 182, 130.

The oil level is shipped the same as well. So I couldnt give you (sastoy) the total amount of oil. I could only give you what I added to the existing level.

I say all of this based on my own experience. Ive also learned that this setup works great for me but in most cases almost nobody I know has followed the same steps.

Hope this helps someone :)

No worries man, i was askin the op those questions, but wanting to hear your take on things. But its good to hear other peoples setups too. Are you still stock valving? When i did my oil i drained it all and went from scratch. I went 10cc over factory spec. But everybody really is diffrent, my valving is about ass backwards from every other setup ive seen but it works for me.

Re: Re: Re: Fox 2.0 air shocks

rednecklights said:
I hate to throw an ignorant question in the mix but could one use shop air to charge the shocks ?

Jon Piper
yea you could, it would just expand a lot more as it built up heat and start drastically altering your ride height. Nitrogen is just a lot more stable and as a rule a lot more pure and dry as compared to shop compressed air, which keeps down any internal trash or corrosion issues.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

clemsonjeep said:
The shock mounts look fine, but it'd be nice to reduce the amount of shaft on the rear shocks. With enough N2 to make 7" show they're really trying to unload.

Did you run your setup through the 4 link calculator? Curious where your COG is in relation to roll center and anti squat.

Maybe I should have gathered more info since this was my first build, I asked few other buggy builders, used uneducated guess and my engineering and fabricating experience on my complete setup. If i saw a buggy that works, I asked them questions and asked them to let me take a close look at their buggy and take pics and measurements.

I got my Truggy like I want it now thanks to you guys here, awesome job. I greatly appreciate it to everyone that chimed in with info! Tanks again!!

I emptied my nitrogen, added oil till I got 1 and 1/2 inches under ride height, then recharged nitrogen to get my desired height. It doesn't lean any at all now and rides OK.