• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Frame mount or bed mount?

CarnationSensation

Looking for any advice and input on camper tie down attachments.

What has worked best for you?

Which have you tried?

Im needing to get a set of mounts for camper tie downs but am unsure of what style to get. I would think the frame mount would be the strongest but i really have no idea. Frame mount seem to be about 4X as much as bed mount also.

Please let me know which one you prefer and if you have tried both did you ever have any ill effects with either?

Thanks to all! :beer:

After driving rigs with campers tied down with both styles, I have to say... I find the straddle/saddle bed mount style downright dangerous compared to frame tiedowns. With saddle style bed mounts, the camper and bed sways around a LOT. Frame tie-downs eliminate most if not ALL of the sway and isolate it to the suspension, which can be compensated for with airbags, stiffer springs, etc.

Picture the amount of leverage that a large camper puts on the bed mounts if the camper is only tied down to the bed and not the frame. The rubber bushings have a lot of give when there's that much leverage pulling them up as the camper sways when you turn.

I have the frame mounted torq-lift mounts. They are awesome.

I've had both and didn't notice a huge difference between the two for normal use, although I'd say the frame mounted system is heavier duty. I also creep it when its off the pavement.

Looking for any advice and input on camper tie down attachments.

What has worked best for you?

Which have you tried?

Im needing to get a set of mounts for camper tie downs but am unsure of what style to get. I would think the frame mount would be the strongest but i really have no idea. Frame mount seem to be about 4X as much as bed mount also.

Please let me know which one you prefer and if you have tried both did you ever have any ill effects with either?

Thanks to all! :beer:

I live in a cardboard box

Cool thanks everyone. Looking to get a camper so the woman is happier when we do the whole camping and weelin thing. I have never had one or slept in one so i am also excited for the convenience and comfortableness of a camper.

Will go with the frame mount style for sure now.

If you don't have frame mounts, 3 nuns, 14 school busses and 4 vets will end up dying!!!!:corn:

I have front in the bed rear are frame. When that doesn't work getting a motorhome

That's how we always use to haul our camper back when we had one. The bed mounts are the ones that bolt onto the front of the bed between the bed and the cab, not the flimsy junk ones that clamp to the bed rails.

Latest posts