• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Free GMC Yukon - need new seats

patooyee

I was given a 2001 5.3L GMC Yukon today by my wife's boss. (He knows I fool with junk cars.) His worthless son has beat the **** out of it, looks like he got it stuck out at the beach and stripped the r&p trying to get it unstuck. (2wd) He got so pissed at his son that he just gave it to me, but of course they are flying out tonight to go drive his brand new sports car home from a dealership in Arkansas.

They just put a new alternator, tires, brakes and rotors on all 4 corners. Really the only things wrong with it are the leather seats are tore up, the carpet has lots of stains, and obviously the rear end. Otherwise the body is in decent shape, all the glass is fine, and it starts and runs. The rear end is an easy fix for me and I'll just shampoo the carpets the best I can and live with it. But the seats are too far gone to salvage. I need new / used that are in better condition. What is the cheapest way to find such a thing?

I have seen numerous sets of factory covers on Craigslist, They are pretty easy to install as well. I've done several bottoms and one back.

grcthird said:
I have seen numerous sets of factory covers on Craigslist, They are pretty easy to install as well. I've done several bottoms and one back.
THIS

Thanks ya'll. I got to drive the thing today for the first time and it is a wreck. The rear end is fine, its the trans that is ****ed. This kid basically treated this thing like it was stolen. Amazing how spoiled some people can be. If my parents bought me a nice SUV like that I would have a perma-grin from ear to ear and be thankful for ever. I'm going to pull the engine and trans, use them for mock-up tasks at the shop, and bring the rest to the scrap yard.

if you decide its not worth more than dead. Classic Soft Trim for the seats. I cant remember where in FLA you are, but they have locations all over.

I just replaced the lower seat leather on my front two seats and the drivers armrest in my '06 Dmax, It was about an 1:30 wait and $350 later but brand spanking new now.
http://www.classicsofttrim.com/contact-locations.php

They are the guys that are contracted by the dealerships to swap cloth to leather or repair leather. I got turned onto them in 2001 when I bought my '02 that Miles owns now.

An upholstery shop can put in new leather covers for less than a grand. Talk to some local dealerships and see who they use. I know O'Neil has a guy in Pell City that does it for him. Leather is as nice or nicer than factory

Bet the kid takes great care of the new sports car too...

If I gave my future kid a car, then they abused it for no reason, I think I'd sell their car and buy them a 1992 Geo Metro. Doubt they'd abuse that, or even want to be seen in it.