• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

front d-44 coil bracket kit

yjkrawlin

has anyone had an experiance with the TERAFLEX weld on coil bracket kit? for a front dana 44(driver diff)
my question is the "bridge bracket" that goes over the diff,for the upper control arm,,,,, should it fit all the way to the axle tubes????, the one that i got in the kit only goes to the cast part before the tubes.
it seem to fit better for a rear diff, rather than a front diff
did i get the wrong bracket??????:mad: :mad:

I would call teraflex and ask them. I know on TJ's the bracket is cast into the housing and it is only a little tab on top, nothing really substantial.

I usually get my brackets from MORE.

The kit is probably designed for a ford HP44 housing, which has a narrower "casting" in that area than the wagoneer axles.

You're going to have to do what I did... break out the box of cutting wheels and go to down with the angle grinder. You have to cut off parts of the cast, including most of the leaf spring perch and a little off the other side too to make things centered. I did this on a wagoneer axle with no problems at all down the road. I was worried at first about the tube engagement in the center chunk, but it hasn't proven to be a problem at all.

Cutting wheels, angle grinder, and a little bit of creativity. Try not to cut into the tube, though I nicked it in a few places with no adverse effects.

NotMatt said:
The kit is probably designed for a ford HP44 housing, which has a narrower "casting" in that area than the wagoneer axles.

You're going to have to do what I did... break out the box of cutting wheels and go to down with the angle grinder. You have to cut off parts of the cast, including most of the leaf spring perch and a little off the other side too to make things centered. I did this on a wagoneer axle with no problems at all down the road. I was worried at first about the tube engagement in the center chunk, but it hasn't proven to be a problem at all.

Cutting wheels, angle grinder, and a little bit of creativity. Try not to cut into the tube, though I nicked it in a few places with no adverse effects.
ok that was my first thought when i looked at it, but then did you re-tack the the tubes to the housing???
does any one make a longer bridge?

yjkrawlin said:
ok that was my first thought when i looked at it, but then did you re-tack the the tubes to the housing???
does any one make a longer bridge?

I did not weld the tubes to the housing on mine, though I suppose I could've. They're not welded from the factory, just pressed in... so the thought didn't run through my mind really. I haven't had any problems at all and I ran 36" Iroks on that housing... friend of mine has the exact same setup and we did the brackets the exact same way, he's running 37" MT/R's with no trouble.

NotMatt said:

x2, exactly what I did too.