• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Front dig/ twin stick..?

Toyota_corey

I heard a friend talking about somewhere that might be making or does make a kit, or full transfer case for toyota that allows you to do front digs.... I was just wandering if anyone knows of anywhere that makes something like that cause it would be badass if there was such a thing...Thanx

"that friend could have been full of **** thats why im asking? =)

Marlin's been working on it for a while, but due to alot of BS and interruptions it's still in development. There's a few threads on his board, go search it. :awesomework:

From what I heard the Marlin prototype had some welded gear parts which broke in testing, and they where workign things out to have some gears cut.

That was quite awhile ago though.

The front range disconnect has been proven in comps and on the trail to get the job done. I might pick one up just for fun trail wheeling antics.

Those driveline disconnects are crap. If you do any hard wheelin' you'll break it.

You must have broke one. And what did you break? I ran one for a few years on my buggy with 22re, 5 spd, duals, 4.7 39" red Krawlers 42" and 44" Tsls with NO problems. I even left a bolt out on the drive line and bent the yoke far enough to spit the U joint and the disco still works great.

I to am running one, 4th year in my rig with 42 iroks and 44 mickys for the snow! At rim rock i run front only for most of the day...no problems! buy one and you will love it!

I love mine....It has come loose a few times. The flange bolt on the out put shaft is what comes loose even with lock tight. I got some stronger lock tight and it work fine now.

Not real sure you want to be doing front digs on a toy front axle anyway. I use my disco very little just for this reason.

Not real sure you want to be doing front digs on a toy front axle anyway. I use my disco very little just for this reason.

agreed. though it's too cool to look away. i want one so bad. :D i've always thought it would be an interesting combo with an ARB rear and cutting brakes w/ disc rear.. but that might not make a huge difference on a full bodied rig though... ill hafta try it out to see.:cool:

I broke 2 or 3 stock outputs and some drivelines, I am pretty sure they are not a weak link. I got rid of mine because it was hard to engage and disengage and it disengaged itself every once in a while. If you adapt an air cylinder to them they work really well though.

You must have broke one. And what did you break? I ran one for a few years on my buggy with 22re, 5 spd, duals, 4.7 39" red Krawlers 42" and 44" Tsls with NO problems. I even left a bolt out on the drive line and bent the yoke far enough to spit the U joint and the disco still works great.

Not me peronally but my friend James. He went through 4 of them in about 2 months. (not including all the parts he through at it) The little pads that ride on the shift collar would fly off all the time, it wouldn't stay engaged, and if you hopped it hard at all it would violently spit the rear disconnect out. It might be ok if you just crawl all the time but if you are a lead foot, like hill climbs at speed, you like to rally gravel roads, or if you were even thinking about driving near a road I would stay away from them. The dude finally just refunded his money.

Not me peronally but my friend James. He went through 4 of them in about 2 months. (not including all the parts he through at it) The little pads that ride on the shift collar would fly off all the time, it wouldn't stay engaged, and if you hopped it hard at all it would violently spit the rear disconnect out. It might be ok if you just crawl all the time but if you are a lead foot, like hill climbs at speed, you like to rally gravel roads, or if you were even thinking about driving near a road I would stay away from them. The dude finally just refunded his money.

I don't know what his deal was but when I broke the drive shaft it was in the bowl at Evens and I was in third gear 4.7 and forgot my rear line lock was on. As far as dirt roads, street and beating it down still NO problems. I will buy another for the next rig and try to break it

i just got a dana 300 so i could front dig. More parts means more things that can break so no disco for me

It is all relative! I drive my truck on the fire roads up and down the mountains all the time! l get it when i have to and still no problem! i am working on the air cylender right now and see how that works! I do have to go nuetral to reverse to get it to release when im in the rocks and bound up hard but it takes me about 1-2 seconds now and i dont care for the fact that i can front burn! i have two other friends that have bought them after riding with me and they have and no problems either! buy one and love it!!!

i'm with you, i had trail tough replace EVERY part and it never worked for me, so i bought the AA toy to D300 adapter and ground some shift rails. i spend my days in FWD now. not to bash trail tough, they are straight up with service, but the 300 is a much better unit IMO.

holley

for the price of the TT disco and then to up grade the toy output it is just about as cheap to go with the toy to d300 adapter and d300 tcase. Plus its much stronger set up and and you can upgrade it if you ever need or want to.

Or just step up to an atlas or stak, :looser:

:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

Latest posts