• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Front driveshaft

whiskeymakin

Need your opinions....

How short is too short with a 4 link type setup and 14" shocks.
I've got a transaxle build I'm laying out. Only questionable part is the front shaft length.
I'd like to decide if it will work or not before I get too far into it.

As long as it doesn't bind or hit anything I wouldn't think it would matter :dunno:

I run 14" shocks up front. My down travel is limited at 10" because I literally can't safely get anymore movement out of my joints and yokes. I have ground down and clearanced all my yokes to the point where I don't feel safe going any more.

So like said above it's all about the angles and bind factor. Not really shaft length. Since I'm a little guy this holds true in my personal life as well. . . . . Lol

My front shaft with this setup has been at the 3ft mark. I'm guessing you are gonna be much shorter than that if you're this worried

molaugh
Yea it will be shorter than 3'
I dont want to get too far along with all of this crap and end up having to limit travel too much. This project is a crap shoot to begin with lol
Just seeing what all is out there thats running with success....if your willing to discuss how short you are laughing1

You could possibly do some ghetto fab 1480 stuff with old Dana 60 axle shafts and get big angles. Hell you could shove cut off 1.5" axles into 1.75" DOM and have solid driveshafts.

Markrobinson said:
You could possibly do some ghetto fab 1480 stuff with old Dana 60 axle shafts and get big angles. Hell you could shove cut off 1.5" axles into 1.75" DOM and have solid driveshafts.

Iirc 1410 with the right yokes will tote more angle than a 1480 because the cross section is the same but cap diameter is bigger