• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

front leaf springs

whats yalls take on using all pro off road or TG front springs i have the chevy 64s in the rear and toyota stock rear springs in the front of my 82 p/u now i like it...... that plus the 2 inch body lift and i am clearing 38.5x15x15 boggers

however, it is a very bumpy ride it seems like i get a bad headache from my neck getting kinked up from bouncing around everytime i go out...

especially when i am in the rocks or backing off a rock like the V-Crack at walker the front end bounces alot

i think it would be better if the suspension was alittle stiffer

Sounds like you have a shock and/or bump stop problem to me.

go for it dude. this thread is about front springs, but not about having a "bumpy" rig.

are your serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was relating my problem (the bumpy rig) do to the front spings ... here let me help you... i think the bumpyness is coming from the toyota spings being used up front........ if that was the case, that the springs caused too much bounce someone ( maybe you) would not want to use them for that reason........ but i am seeing other people suggest shocks so ok i will change out my shocks and see if that fixes the problem if shocks do not fix the problem then i guess the bounce would be coming from the SPRING

The way I put the third gen rears together they have 7 leafs.

If yours are just a stock pack I have no clue how it rides.

"Bumpy" is not a great way to describe your ride.

Is the truck soft and bouncy? or is it firm and bumpy or deos it bump HARD like its bottoming out?

See what Im getting at ? Its hard to help with such a general symptom.

The way I use those springs they work very well and are very soft. The will need a soft spring in the rear to keep from overworking the fronts. A set of rs 9000s and a good bumpstop is ideal.

yaddyadda

The way I put the third gen rears together they have 7 leafs.

If yours are just a stock pack I have no clue how it rides.

"Bumpy" is not a great way to describe your ride.

Is the truck soft and bouncy? or is it firm and bumpy or deos it bump HARD like its bottoming out?

See what Im getting at ? Its hard to help with such a general symptom.

The way I use those springs they work very well and are very soft. The will need a soft spring in the rear to keep from overworking the fronts. A set of rs 9000s and a good bumpstop is ideal.

yaddyadda

yes CHOP Shop you are very correct i should have typed soft and bouncy not bumpy i know i mentioned about stiffer springs i didn't even relize that i said bumpy, sometimes the hands type one thing while your mind is thinking another...

i will try the shocks

my rear is pretty soft chevy 64"

please guys dont get mad if i jump in here with a ask how....but how can i tell if this set of toy rears i have are off a third gen....ill try to get ahold of dude to ask if he knew..i have chevy 64s in the rear and was hoping these would better my shackle angle...its strait up n down now ..id like it to be a 45 or just better then this..my 4 runner sits level .and do you think i wil have to do a new drive line .any help is appr.