• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel cell venting

Jduck

Will this be adequate to vent the tank and not leak gas? Comes out of tank, down pass side, across bottom, up driver side, across top then back down pass side?

992115a76fd2f51a2a69d6441cceff96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only needs to come up to that driver rear corner...the rest is overkill. Just imagine turning the vehicle every direction...if theres always a section of line above the outlet at the cell you're good to go.

clemsonjeep said:
Only needs to come up to that driver rear corner...the rest is overkill. Just imagine turning the vehicle every direction...if theres always a section of line above the outlet at the cell you're good to go.

Well part of the thought of across and down again was that if it was going to leak it would be going away possible back seat passangers instead of pouring on them. Technically it should go forward then, if it got stood up on its back then it would pour out.

pholmann said:
Watch that first tech video with jake burkey. It'll show you how. Those are awesome.

A buddy routed his that way and it was wet with gas after a day of riding at the outlet, no rollovers.

If would leak if the rig is on its rear/ tailgate.
If it were mine I would route like this.
From the tank to the passenger c pillar/ belt line node (near the clamp) then forward up the belt line tube to the harness bar, then turn to the drivers side to the drivers belt line tube, then back to the driver c pillar node then turn down and go a few inches below the floor in the corner by the ratchet. The hose would be clamped, tied whatever on the inside of the belt line and would not get hit by rocks and look clean
Long story short around the tank up high down through the floor.

Rjhoward32006 said:
Why not run something like this

Are those not the same as the roll over valve already on the tank, a little ball that blocks the passage when rolled over?

You are correct, i guess it depends on the tank. I dont think mine has one.

screamn56 said:
If ur not just right those will leak fuel. :****: just ask me how I no

What would the incorrect or correct way to make this work correctly

Re: Re: Fuel cell venting

Rjhoward32006 said:
You are correct, i guess it depends on the tank. I dont think mine has one.

What would the incorrect or correct way to make this work correctly
You pretty much have to be upside down to get the ball all the seated. When it's full fuel will splash out. Least mine did on the tank mounted rov.

Not really...the way sleepsontoilet did his is about as clean as you can get and be effective. You have to have air between the end of the hose and the tank...or it will leak. The way those rollover valves work is the ball bearing has to be completely seated in order to block the fuel. So like they said you'd have to be on your roof and the valve would have be perfectly straight up and down in order for it to seal.

Ending up doing this, around the top then down and out the pass side on the other side of the ammo can

d5d2380e439eb60557b51e169a99a4de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjhoward32006 said:
Is there another way doing this the running a fuel hose all over the place? I just dont like the looks of a bunch of hose everywhere
On my stock CJ tank I drilled a couple holes and ran the fuel hose up through my b pillar across and down the other side. My thoughts were that I didn't want a fuel line spraying fuel all over me if it were to get a hole in it.

Latest posts