• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel cell????

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
How full can you fill these suckers up. Do you fill it all the way to the bottom on the neck or leave about and 1" from the top of the cell? I filled mine until the gas gauge was reading FULL. Pumped a bit more in there but the guage wasn't climbing. But here's what I accomplished yesterday and today.

The bracket:
p1040064rv7.jpg

with back plate

p1040065db7.jpg

p1040069wn3.jpg

In the Jeep
p1040071yy5.jpg

I decided to make the back high enough to protect the AN fittings from crap I might through in the back.

p1040072fm8.jpg

p1040074od8.jpg

p1040075iz3.jpg

p1040078bp7.jpg

p1040079ze9.jpg

Fuel line, return line, and roll over line ran through the tub, tapped into the stock fuel lines.
p1040081ej0.jpg

p1040082ct0.jpg

p1040084cn8.jpg

Well drove it to work today, didn't have any leaks or vapor locks.So I think I have everything hooked up correctly. Not sure if I wired up the gas gauge correctly, still says full. :redneck:

I used the oem sender when I built my tank, but it does not have the reach for the depth of the tank. Mine shows full until it gets to about 3/4 tank then starts dropping. It still reads empty as you are running out of gas.

you sure are brave......

notice how that plate you put there is on the backside?

if that tanks explodes, all the pressure is coming for you...

Add another plate between you and the tank!

---------------------------------------------------

other than that, "sweet" nice job! :awesomework:

you sure are brave......

notice how that plate you put there is on the backside?

if that tanks explodes, all the pressure is coming for you...

Add another plate between you and the tank!

---------------------------------------------------

other than that, "sweet" nice job! :awesomework:

Rich when was the last time you heard on a vented fuel cell exploding?? :rolleyes:

Rich when was the last time you heard on a vented fuel cell exploding?? :rolleyes:

It just makes sense... to have some plate between your back and that tank, doesn't it? say a passenger flicks a smoke? spillage... fumes from the vent / etc. sure hate to hear about - poor little Joop going Poof!

------

and I was trying to be helpful towards you. :booo:

It just makes sense... to have some plate between your back and that tank, doesn't it? say a passenger flicks a smoke? spillage... fumes from the vent / etc. sure hate to hear about - poor little Joop going Poof!

------

and I was trying to be helpful towards you. :booo:

Ahh your thinking again , thats your problem.:haha:

FYI, its vented below the tub, about 2 feet from the stock ventalation, vertically. The vent is looped so spillage wont happen.

Thanks for thinking of me but I got this one covered. :awesomework:

Latest posts