• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Fuel Cells

What can you do to fix the fuel splashing away from the fuel pickup other than keeping it completely full all the time?????

Lee mentioned a number of options above. I feel like if you go the foam route, I needs to be high quality and replaced annually.

I've been running baffles from Alltech Motorsports for a number of years. You could see if Wayne still has some. Here is some info on them: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/miscellaneous/1097875-alltechs-4x4-fuel-cell-baffles.html

please do not put that foam in your tank unless you just enjoy spending afternoons on the trails elbow deep in your gas tank. it WILL deteriorate quickly and youll be either replacing it more often than your underwear or youll be picking foam out of filters for years

This is truth. I have first hand experience.

I dont think you can get the baffles from Wayne anymore, I was going to use them in the 1st tank for Rays buggy. Saw something bout there being to much competition for it to be worth doing for him anymore.

I'm a big fan of the hydramat over any other form of pick up, the 3 rigs I've put them haven't had a single issue with fuel pick up at any angle, upside down included. They act like a pretty good prefilter for any trash coming outta the gas cans as well.

I had a tank like yours. I put a bulkhead fitting in the bottom. Connected it to steel line on the inside of the tank and then ran the line to the middle of the tank. I then put a t in and ran steel line to each side of the tank. I connected the ends to a fuel pick up on each side. This seemed to work pretty good. See the attached picture for the type of pickup I used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200125-011745_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200125-011745_Chrome.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 189
Another vote for the hydramat. If you've never seen it, look up demonstrations on the youtubes. Pretty slick for sure.

Latest posts