• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

full hydro steer on a yota

Re: Re: full hydro steer on a yota

How big of a ram and how fast do you want to be able to steer?

You could always try it with the stock pump, then if it didn't suit you, swap saginaw TC pump on.

I know someone that runs a 2x6 single and another that runs 2x6 double ended ram with a stock pump.
There is a mod to make it flow faster or something. You can research on pirate.

Rjhoward32006 said:
I know someone that runs a 2x6 single and another that runs 2x6 double ended ram with a stock pump.
There is a mod to make it flow faster or something. You can research on pirate.

You can drill out the restrictor a bit so it gets to max output sooner (don't have to rev the motor to get max flow from the pump)

It doesn't really increase the overall flow, just makes it flow more at lower RPM

rockkrusher said:
does anyone no if a yota factory power steering pump will work for single ended ram full hydro
I have factory pump and it has worked but it doesn't do great at idle mine is a 2x6 single ended,I just ordered a 1650psi pump from trail gear $219.00 comes with pulley and the headache will be gone before it starts imo

muleskinner said:
I have factory pump and it has worked but it doesn't do great at idle mine is a 2x6 single ended,I just ordered a 1650psi pump from trail gear $219.00 comes with pulley and the headache will be gone before it starts imo

That's the same pump I ran on my old 4runner. has worked perfectly for a few years, I even used the stock reservoir (but I had a double ended ram, so the fluid level didn't change when steering)

thanks 4 the info i am finnishing a project 4 a buddy and he was goin in the direction of hydro assist and i am go n full on the cheap ive dun the same set up on a ford and never had any problems

I took the restrictor completely out of mine. I have a 11 ci orbital with a 1 1/2 X6 ram steered so fast one turn lock to lock like a gocart I put a 2x6 ram on it to slow it down ! for 2 years my pump whines when turning . no cooler and never gets to hot to touch turns slow at idle but it's a buggy how often do you turn at idle? I don't . Works well for the price!

billstoy said:
I took the restrictor completely out of mine. I have a 11 ci orbital with a 1 1/2 X6 ram steered so fast one turn lock to lock like a gocart I put a 2x6 ram on it to slow it down ! for 2 years my pump whines when turning . no cooler and never gets to hot to touch turns slow at idle but it's a buggy how often do you turn at idle? I don't . Works well for the price!
i am gona try it