• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Full size Bronco ?'s

jeepermc

A buddy of mine has a 91 FS Bronco with the POS mazda built 5-speed behind a 302......In need of it's 3rd rebuild. He also just picked up a 78 Ford f-150 for parts....400M, NP435/205 combo and HP 44 front, 9" rear.

Has anyone here swapped in a NP435/205 combo into the later bronco's? We know we'll have to mess with driveline lengths etc.. He has a mustang bellhousing that the 435 bolts up to because the stock trans bellhousing is part of the case. Stock is hydraulic clutch...

We'd like to use all the parts from the F-150. NP435/205, manual clutch linkage, and such. Anybody got tips on how to make this as painless as possible...

Also, there has to be someone here that knows the in's and out's of swapping a straight axle from a 78 F-150 into the place of TTB...How difficult is it?:cool:

You will find a lot of good info at FSB since you don't know much about the BKO but most of them are :rb:

The TTB is not hard to mess with it just looks like it, if you have any Q's for me about the swap PM me as I am bad about checking back on threads :redneck: