• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fullsize guys question

militaryota

K5 lookin to run probably 38s, what kinda springs should i be looking to swap up front? also, been thinkin of slappin some F150 style steering out of 70s ford up font, thinking this shouldnt require too much modification to get x-over. anyone done this? any other cool advice too, havent really played with these too much and this isnt gonna be a hard core tail rig, mostly street, snow, and mild wide trails mostly for campin etc

i think i got some springs for a blazer prolly 4-6" lift and blocks if you are interested. what axles do you plan on goin with?

heavy 44 frt 14b rear, 4.10s prolly open frt and either spool or detroit rear. rigs got a fresh 383 bored .060 over and a built 700r4. 4" lift and 33's that look too small right now. thinking about building some hangers in the front to scrape maybe a couple more inches out of the springs ive got now but i dont know, they ride like ass and i dont think theyll flex at all. its already got 4" blocks out back and and want them gone, unless someones got some cool spring swap tech for me ill prolly just go with a lifted spring or a shackle flip and like 2" block. and if im buying front springs, looking for prolly at least a
6"er...

thanks, lets hear some more ideas!

52s up front...or a tuff country easyride....those are you soft good flex options.IMHO looks like you live close, you welcome to check out my blazer if ya want..

52s? ya ive seen it before are and bullshitted with you at the naches but i never payed attention so i would like to have a look, this actually the little ladies rig we are puttin together, lookin to slap 38s on'er with some trimming but want it to still look clean- its no show truck but its gonna be mostly a pavement queen. its got a 4" tuff country on it now and it rides like ass.... and blocks and stock in the rear...

If got the 52 swap stuff sittin in my yard right now if u need 'em, springs, shackles and front hangers.... PM if u want 'em....

militaryota said:
K5 lookin to run probably 38s, what kinda springs should i be looking to swap up front? also, been thinkin of slappin some F150 style steering out of 70s ford up font, thinking this shouldnt require too much modification to get x-over. anyone done this? any other cool advice too, havent really played with these too much and this isnt gonna be a hard core tail rig, mostly street, snow, and mild wide trails mostly for campin etc
2-4" lift with a lot of trimming or 6-8" with less trimming. For crossover you want to pick up a stock 2wd chevy truck steering box to get the side to side throw.