• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

fullsize or ranger,broncoll????

reedracing87

powered by ford! what else is there?
I've Ben gathering parts over the past month & half for my full size 79 bronco but after alot of thinking I'm not sure if I want to waist a good body on a trail rig my bronco is slick with a really nice paint job on it & I'm known for beatin the hell out of things so should I get a diff rig to build? Its between a 90s model ranger or a late 80s broncoll or jus simply keep what I have build it & letter eat???? :dunno:

I done the same thing years ago I started building my Toyota I had since I was 15, did the sas and all, then came to realize I didn't wanna beat the body up on it! If I was you I would start something else and leave Bronco alone, since it seems like you have a attachment to the Bronco! :dblthumb:

Yea there's definitely an attachment there I love the ol thing that's y I wanted to build it but it but not only is it to nice I'm thinkin it'll b to big also its a full size & with rockwells I think it'll b more trouble fitting into trails than what its worth

I agree build something else. I built a nice ass Toyota trail rig once with all the stuff to make it go where i pointed it and then when I wheeled it my ass cheeks stayed clamped so tight together I couldn't really enjoy wheeling it. Shitty thing is truck ended up getting totaled by a jack ass that hit me head on driving down the road. Cant seem to find the pictures of it totalled but here is it after the paint booth.

ry%3D400

Yea that is sharp I would have Ben pissed if it got totalled ...by a dumb ass. Here's mine I was thinking about building

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yeah I was slightly more than pissed especially after my insurance company only gave me $4300 for it. Paint job cost more than that. Oh yeah jack ass that hit me was uninsured. Than Bronco is way too straight and nice to beat up off road keep it clean and build you something Else to beat up. :dblthumb: That is a Damn nice looking second gen Toyota you got there too Drake. :****:

Use the Bronco frame and slap a Ranger cab on it then let the beatings begin. :dblthumb:

No build thread on here, there is one on pirate though from the po/builder (guy named Jesse from Spring Hill TN)

Here's the specs:
88 Ranger ext cab
-2.9 v6, a4od auto, dual BW tcases with DD machine doubler
-square driveshafts
-D60 front 4.10, LockRight, BTF Hi Steer, 35 spline chromoly stubs, Spicer forged ujoints, Summit Machine drive flanges
-10.25 rear 4.10, Fully welded, RuffStuff disc brake kit
-new JVC stereo w/ ipod input, 10" Kicker CVR sub, 400w Sony amp
-front new XRC8 winch w/ synthetic rope, rear chicago electric winch
-BRAND NEW 40" Xterrains and 20" M/T street locks
-Full Hydro steering
-rear traction bar

THE BAD:
-Rear t case pops out of gear. I'll include another tcase with a busted tail housing. May be able to fix it with those parts, maybe not.
-Needs power steering pump replaced, I have a 1500psi PSC pump that I'll include
-shift shaft seal in trans leaks, I've got the seal, pan gasket, and filter. It's an easy fix, I just havent got around to it.

$2500 w/ stock steel wheels and street tires, $4000