• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Funny Gas Station Stories?

patooyee said:
Who the hell is JR Hall? I've had people say they knew him and ask if I did, too???

J. J.

Me fool! :flipoff1:

My **** is always covered in mud so i always get the comments and of " that badass mudslinger" ect....

I make complete bullshit stories like Ls-7 with 800 hp ect... :****:

Too many of these crazy stories. I think my favorite is way back in the day I was towing Rusty's first moonbuggy from the Badlands to Lexington by myself. These two guys in a truck honked and waved all crazy on the interestate somewhere between Attica, IN and Indianapolis, IN next to me and was pointing to pull over. Kind of freaked me out. I didn't pull over, but I did pull over in a few miles to get diesel. Sure enough, they followed me to the gas station and jumped out and was yelling at me that I missed the exit for the fair. I was like, "Fair???" They said yeah, we knew you have to be looking for our mud run tonite with that mud buggy and we was trying to help you out and let you know you missed the exit off the highway for the fair. :****:

The questions pretty much stopped when I got an enclosed trailer though. But still even then some dipshit will ask "Whats in the trailer?" Rather than get in a conversation I will just say a load of furniture :gtfo:

bigsilly said:
The questions pretty much stopped when I got an enclosed trailer though. But still even then some dipshit will ask "Whats in the trailer?" Rather than get in a conversation I will just say a load of furniture :gtfo:
asians. young asian females. Don't worry, if one escapes I have tracking devices in them, but its hard for them to escape the irons.

bigsilly said:
The questions pretty much stopped when I got an enclosed trailer though.

x2

Reason enough to buy an enclosed, no more dealing with the dumbass with a jeep that'll go anywhere.

iv had a guy walk over from the other side of the gas station with his pump running to ask me about our jeep when he walked back to his car he came right back asking for money because he didnt have enouph bc "i made him go over" :wtflol: :afro:

jtreeves1 said:
iv had a guy walk over from the other side of the gas station with his pump running to ask me about our jeep when he walked back to his car he came right back asking for money because he didnt have enouph bc "i made him go over" :wtflol: :afro:

WOW! Just ... wow ....

J. J.

patooyee said:
Or how about when you're driving down the highway and people tail you in your blind spot staring at the buggy on the trailer? That's super-annoying! Or when they finally pass you they are practically jumping out of their windows giving you thumbs up and screaming.

J. J.
oh i love these... i just play "ease over" on them... just real slow because they aren't paying attention to there proximity to the road, just to my trailer... they always speed up or slow down at that point...

i remember i was coming back from MMORV and i was pulling my wedge w/ 2 rigs on it, this mother ****er got next to me and were practically jacking themselves off looking... the problem was my lane was running out and it was raining, i had my blinker on, even had one on the side of the trailer, practically in there ****ing face... well, my lane is getting closer to running out and it was either ease over on them, or hit the ditch, so i figured i didnt have much choice, at this point i am willing to deal w/ the consequenses and i figured my trailer wasnt going to take any damage, but i was fixing to **** their world up... lane runs out, i come over on these ****ers, they wake up and jerk there car right into the median, actually right at a turn lane, so they creamed the **** out of the bank... well they fell back in behind me and behind them was an undercover cop who just watched the whole thing happen... i see the blue lights come on and i started looking for a place to pull over even though i didnt touch there car... well the car pulls over to let the cop by and he pulled them over... molaugh molaugh

MMountain said:
Every time I am at the local store, I get asked about when our next mud ride will be and then comment on how they hope that we get lots of rain for it so "them holes'll be sloppy". ::)
That's why we get so much rain there! :puke:

When I was helping my buddy with his dirt track car, we pulled into IHOP after the races one night and a guy asked where the demo derby was. The bad thing is that the car hadn't been wrecked that night, it was just in rough shape.

jrhall said:
You were just kidding right? :wtflol:

No, a couple of times people have said things like, "I used to have a Jeep and I wheeled with JR Hall. A lot of people around here know him, do you?" In fact, just about 2 weeks ago a dude walked into my restaurant and claimed he used to have a tube buggy with a 660 Merlin big block. He said he saw me wheeling at Grayrock once and that he was with JR Hall and his crowd like that was suppossed ot mean something to me. He could tell it didn't and he was surprised that I didn't know JR Hall. To this day I don't know who the hell they are all talking about but he must be a pretty cool dude to have so many people drop his name like that.

Most of the people who mention him are mud guys so I think JR Hall is some sort of big bad mud racer or something. Probably just cooincidental ...

J. J.

I have been puling my gooseneck with my Cherokee on 60's, 39 iroks, 6 1/2 inch lift and everything else pretty much stock and a TJ with aluminum links, krawlers, beadlocks, full cage, more or less a TJ made into a buggy. And have people come all the way across Walmart parking lot to ask questions about what has all been done to the badass Cherokee. :wtflol:

yep sounds like a bad ass cherokee can we have pics of it pulling the trailer molaugh molaugh molaugh

We stopped in at mommoth springs Arkansas when I was on my way back from Kansas pulling the Sheep..

Guy and his wife walk over, said I recognize a rockcrawler when I see one... This look like a fine piece of equipment...
Those look like some built Dana 44's in there... those 38's??? I didn't say a word..

He says, O we used to have a little CJ5 that would go Anywhere... had a locker, 35's.. It was built by a little shop out in MOAB.. said moab really loud and annunciated...
He said, u ever heard of MOAB... well we used to wheel MOAB...

Guy had no clue his Name dropping made him look like a bigger ass... :wtflol: