• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Funny Gas Station Stories?

grcthird said:
I'd ask you about it too. Never seen a cherokee pull a goose neck!!! :flipoff1:

Sorry, while pulling my gooseneck with my Duramax and the Cherokee and a friendsTJ on the trailer............. :flipoff1:

patooyee said:
No, a couple of times people have said things like, "I used to have a Jeep and I wheeled with JR Hall. A lot of people around here know him, do you?" In fact, just about 2 weeks ago a dude walked into my restaurant and claimed he used to have a tube buggy with a 660 Merlin big block. He said he saw me wheeling at Grayrock once and that he was with JR Hall and his crowd like that was suppossed ot mean something to me. He could tell it didn't and he was surprised that I didn't know JR Hall. To this day I don't know who the hell they are all talking about but he must be a pretty cool dude to have so many people drop his name like that.

Most of the people who mention him are mud guys so I think JR Hall is some sort of big bad mud racer or something. Probably just cooincidental ...

J. J.

You bring the funnay... :****:

In East TN, the convo usually starts out as "My buddy's S-10 cab-truck will..."

It never fails. Recently when they start walking up, I go ahead and say, "I bet your friend has an S-10 cab truck that will go anywhere, right?"

This last trip I went on I had a hobo come up to me and ask me if I was a contractor and that he was looking for work (while I had the bronco on the trailer). I commended him for actually looking for work, and as soon as I told him I wasn't a contractor, he asked me to go buy him a hot dog and drink in the gas station. When I said no, he said that I had no excuse since I could afford to tow around a dunebuggy. :wtflol:

i had a 75-80 year old man lookin at mine at the gas pumps one morning i said hey being respectful an everything and he looked at me with dumbest look on his face and ask just what hell kinda tractor is that

jrhall said:
You bring the funnay... :****:

In all seriousness, I am not joking. There must be someone else around FL with the same name who is into mud. I can't tell you how many times his name has been dropped to me.

J. J.

I get the mud thing all the time, hard not to when you have a mud devils sticker on the side of your rig laughing1 I quit trying to explain it being a rock crawler years ago.
The one that made sense; Wife and I got out at a BK to get a bite to eat on our way to Harlan, as we're crossing the parking lot we walk up on an old man staring back at the rig in complete amazement and he says, "holy moly watchew gonna do wit that thang, climb a mountain!?" I simply replied, "yes sir" and kept walking as the wife started to crack up.

Not a gas station story but I hate it when people feel the need to go around me when we hit a mountain because they think i'm not going to hold my speed. I leave my truck on cruise 95% of the time and end up passing them before the top at the same speed I was at to start with.

patooyee said:
In all seriousness, I am not joking. There must be someone else around FL with the same name who is into mud. I can't tell you how many times his name has been dropped to me.

J. J.

There is a mud fab guy in Fl named Jesse Hall, could be him.