• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GAP - May 19, 2012 - ECORS Race

Can someone post up the rules for the classes in ECORS :dunno:

I clicked on their website link on some other posts on here and it don,t work :dunno:

THANKS

Scott

CRAP the link to the ECORS rules on pirate don,t work either , my work computer considers it to be pop up spam crap and I have no clue how to override it :dunno:

Is there just a website for ECORS :dunno:

Scott

Class A Guidelines
All vehicles in Class A shall originate from an auto manufacturer for which a minimum of 1,000 units are produced annually and sold within the United States.
If a Red Card if filed to challenge a competitor for this rule, the challenged competitor has 24 hours to provide written documentation of the production numbers.
All suspension shall be "factory type" but modifications must not conflict with any other rules within this section.
Aftermarket lifts are OK
Long arm suspension is OK (example: Jeep Cherokees, TJ, etc.)
3/4 elliptical leaf spring setups are OK
Air bumps are OK so long as they are not used as a primary means for supporting the weight of the vehicle. They must act as bump stops.
Utilizing a double triangulated 4 link suspension setup, etc. (custom designed) is not allowed.
Competitors are responsible for obtaining written approval from ECORS prior to modifying any suspension that may appear to conflict with this rule.
All suspension components that locate the axle must mount to the factory "frame"
All suspension components that support the weight of the vehicle at rest must mount to the factory "frame" or in a way that is consistent with the factory setup.
Tires may not be greater than 35" tall as noted on the sidewall of the tire.
Vehicles with tires greater than 35" tall are not allowed in Class A unless the vehicle was outfitted with larger tires from the factory. Competitors who may need an exception to this rule are required to notify ECORS in advance and receive written approval.
There is no restriction for axle upgrades unless the upgrade conflicts with any other requirement for Class A.
Vehicles are not allowed upgrades that include vehicle supporting tunable shocks (air shocks, coilovers, struts, etc.) in place of torsion bars, leaf springs, coil springs, etc. unless this item was factory installed for the vehicle make and model.
Factory engine swaps are OK
Engine must be a factory option for the vehicle make and model
EFI and Propane upgrades are OK on factory engines.
Forced induction (turbo, blower, super chargers, etc.) is limited to that which is available for the vehicle make and model from the factory.
Power adding booster injections (nitrous, propane, etc.) are not approved for use in Class A.
All Class A vehicles must retain the factory frame continuously from the centerline of the front axle to the centerline of the rear axle.
The frame must act as the significant support structure for the vehicle
Both passenger side and driver side rails must be utilized
Repairs and reinforcing of frame is allowed
Frame rails must be continuous
Significant modification of frame is not allowed and is at the discretion of ECORS.
Centerline of the axle will be measured when the vehicle is parked and at its rest position.
Modifying the body of a "unibody" vehicle is not considered significant modification unless it affects any other rule within the Class A requirements.
A hood and grill resembling that of the original vehicle must be installed on the front of the vehicle.
To qualify for Class A, competitors must be able to say YES to the following items
No tunable vehicle-supporting shocks (air shocks, struts, coilovers, etc.)
Tire size maximum of 35"
No non-factory engine swaps or factory engines with aftermarket turbo, super charger, blower, or booster injections
No suspension modifications other than that allowed under rule #2 above.
Factory frame must extend continuously from the centerline of front axle to the centerline of the rear axle.
Vehicle hood and grill installed on front of vehicle.
Suspension components mounted to factory frame
Class A vehicles must also meet all recovery and safety guidelines as outlined within this Rule Book.

Class B Guidelines
All vehicles in Class B shall originate from an auto manufacturer for which a minimum of 1,000 units are produced annually and sold within the United States.
All suspension types are allowed.
All vehicles in Class B should have a hood and grill installed on the front of the vehicle and should resemble that of the original factory setup.
All vehicles in Class B shall have at a minimum, a factory frame from the front of the engine to behind the back seat of the driver and co-driver.
"front" of the engine is defined as even with the face of the crank pulley.
"behind" the seat is defined as any point past the base frame of the seat.
Extensive modification of factory frame is not allowed and is at the discretion of ECORS.
Repairs and reinforcing of frame is allowed.
The frame must act as the significant support structure of the vehicle.
Both passenger and driver side frame rails must be utilized.
Frame rails that are retained must be continuous.
At a minimum, suspension locating components of at least one (1) axle shall be mounted to the factory frame in two (2) places.
Engine swaps are OK
Class B vehicles are restricted to 44" diameter tires.
Class B vehicles are required at least 1 locker.
Class B vehicles must also meet all recover and safety guidelines as outlined within this Rule Book.

Class C Guidelines
All vehicles in Class C are unlimited.
All vehicles in Class C are approved so long as they meet the safety rules and regulations outlined within this Rule Book.

Class U Guidelines
All vehicles in Class U shall be of the UTV designation and originate from a typical production UTV.
Engine swaps outside of what was available for that UTV are allowed.
All suspension types and upgrades are allowed.
All vehicles and competitors in Class U shall follow the same minimum safety guidelines as outlined for Class A within this Rule Book excluding section XVI, Classes, Class Performance Guidelines.
Class U does not require the use of fire suits but drivers and co-drivers shall wear a minimum of UTV/ATV protective riding gear.
All drivers and co-drivers shall be a minimum of 18 years of age unless prior approval and permission has been obtained by R3 Events Management, LLC.

THANKS Draco :dblthumb:

OK.... couple rules for A-CLASS are a little confusing, 3/4 elliptical leaf spring setups are OK........WHAT??

......but a double triangulated 4 link suspension setup is NOT allowed HUH??

I just NEVER heard of a factory vehicle that came with a 3/4 elliptical leaf spring setup??.... "and besides that setup would require some LINK BARS to locate the axle as well" :dunno: :dunno:

Next is

I read the part about must have a factory grill and hood.........BUT......

What about running with NO FACTORY BODY ......AT ALL.....cept for the grill and hood :dunno:

All feedback is welcome,needed, and appriciated :dblthumb:

Scott

AH.......did some research and found that their is a difference between a "1/4 elliptical setup" and a "3/4 elliptical setup" :dblthumb:

Neither of wich do I have ANY desire to run on ANYTHING I would ever wheel :****:

zukiscott said:
THANKS Draco :dblthumb:

What about running with NO FACTORY BODY ......AT ALL.....cept for the grill and hood :dunno:

All feedback is welcome,needed, and appriciated :dblthumb:

Scott

This is what I'm doing. Here is a link to my build thread on the ECORS forum on NC4x4 http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124734

also have the build on here

89 Bronco chassis, 351 windsor, c6, 9" rear, D44 TTB front. only stock body panels I'll be running is a cut down hood and a grille.

You wanna be on team NHFF? :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

Well this NO BODY at all is OK is GOOD NEWS to hear man :dblthumb:

Because what I am thinkin bout is takin a BONE STOCK Samurai and turning it into a "FORMULA SAMURAI" so to speak, you know,take off WHOLE body tub and throw it aside, and then only use the,

totally stock frame and drivetrain ,"except for propane kit",axles and suspension, and just install some plastic racin seats and a full length cage on top of it all.

Really just kickin the idea around right now though :dunno:

Scott

HAH.....I hear you on the keepin up part molaugh

I been really thinkin bout this since I have the freakin PERFECT victim for this type of transformation down in my basement right now :****:

this little zuk was in good shape till the tornadoe that messed up Fort Payne Al. got ahold of it,wich totally DESTROYED the body tub on it, but the frane & drivetrain seems unhurt....

FORTPAYNEAL023.jpg

I have done started the "dissassembly" process on it and have not found nothing bad besides the tub yet ;D

Scott

do it scott ecors has proven thats its not the fastest ,its the one that last the whole race without breaking :****: :driving:

scottlang said:
do it scott ecors has proven thats its not the fastest ,its the one that last the whole race without breaking :****: :driving:

SO true......Also, i just remembered that DavidG turned the fastest lap at GAP last year with his Toyota buggy with leafs and a tired 22r

Yes yall are CORRECT on the "STAYING IN THE RACE " PART :dblthumb:

Was that the one they were callin Lil Digger,,, :dunno:

I f so HELL YEA that thang was HAULIN ASS till that tired 22r finally let go,....lest he would have won that WHOLE SUMBITCH yall :****:

What class was he racin in, hell I was there but can,t remember now :dunno:

Anybody got some plastic racin chairs and some 205 paw paw mudders layin around their shop with no home ;D

Scott

DavidG's Lil Digger was stock-A Class.

Hell, it was just a bone stock carbureted POS toyota with a full tube cage and some fancy ass King shocks.

Last year they didnt have to run a grille or hood though.

zukiscott said:
I f so HELL YEA that thang was HAULIN ASS till that tired 22r finally let go,....lest he would have won that WHOLE SUMBITCH yall :****:

i've gotta think it was more his bonzai driving style than the rig. he rebuilt the bottom end of his engine laying on a trailer with a flashlight at 11pm the night before the race :****:

Scott, you need to rethink that plastic racin chair idea or your gonna need a full time chiroprator on retainer :flipoff1:

zukiscott said:
Yes yall are CORRECT on the "STAYING IN THE RACE " PART :dblthumb:

Anybody got some plastic racin chairs and some 205 paw paw mudders layin around their shop with no home ;D

Scott

**** them plastic chairs, you need sum them fancy CORBOO'S. Paw Paw mudders FTW!!! :woot:

TBItoy said:
**** them plastic chairs, you need sum them fancy CORBOO'S. Paw Paw mudders FTW!!! :woot:

NO SHAT MAN, done got me some cheap chairs,wheels& tires from a Tracker, ....not paw paw mudders, but I,m thinkin bout gettin hold of em with the groover :eek:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

• zuki 1 013.JPG
    zuki 1 013.JPG
    812.9 KB · Views: 73