• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gas Powered Drones

L

lowbudgetjunk

When are these guys gonna get their **** together and make some good ol fashioned gasoline powered machines?

I wanted to buy a multirotor and haven't done it specifically because of the flight time. I figured Busted and the Ram11 would have great use for a drone that could fly around for hours on end. Twenty minutes seems like too much work for not enough results.

You would have to have a fuel tank on the ground and a fuel line tethered up to it to get any kind of flight time.

Plus who wants to listen to a weedeater motor run a full blast for hours on end?

TBItoy said:
You would have to have a fuel tank on the ground and a fuel line tethered up to it to get any kind of flight time.

Plus who wants to listen to a weedeater motor run a full blast for hours on end?

This guy..... :) Twenty minutes of flight time just seems so short plus the charge time. And thats on the high side.

TBItoy said:
Yes, but you have to land them to swap the packs... so it's not "continuous" flight

Got ya. When Kel mentioned the charge time I thought they might have been built in. Swapping batteries every 20 minutes doesn't seem like a huge deal to me but I also don't make videos.

lowbudgetjunk said:
When are these guys gonna get their **** together and make some good ol fashioned gasoline powered machines?

I wanted to buy a multirotor and haven't done it specifically because of the flight time. I figured Busted and the Ram11 would have great use for a drone that could fly around for hours on end. Twenty minutes seems like too much work for not enough results.
Kel shhhh. Go get a gas Rc then a Electricin one. And report back on what u did with the gas one.. Boooooooooo. They suck man.

Re:

I got a cheap little drone, I was going to wire up 3 batteries in parallel, each 1250mA batteries gives about 10 mins of flight time, so I could get up to 30 mins of flight time.