• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gatlinburg, TN cabins

Im going uup to pigeon forge tomorrow either im staying at up the creek park, but will be taking my 5th wheel. Ill check and see if they have cabins, but they seemed like the nicest place for a rv that aren't too close together.

I found a place called Bear's Den. It was very reasonable and looks to be very nice. Gonna be a fun time!

Stay away from Aunt Bugs, we stayed up there last labor day weekend. We arrived late, they called while we were in route to make sure we knew the late check in procedure(we thought we were off to a good start), once we got to the office, there was nothing for us there, no keys, no paper work, we called the after hours number and got no answer. There was another group there that was in the same situation. After standing around for about 45 min some guy rolled up(its about 1 am by this time), went in the back door, fumbled around for about 15 minutes then opened up to see what the problem was, he was pretty cool considering it was late. At this point, other than what time it was, everything was OK, you got to expect some things to go wrong on a holiday weekend. Once we got paper work, the code for the lock box, and directions to the cabin(8 miles away, thru a construction site with a 1 way road), we drove to the cabin. The place looked pretty cool, log cabin looking with a green roof. We started unloading the car when we noticed the lock box was missing, we looked around and couldn't find it. we called the after hours number numerous times with no answer. We kept looking around for the key, looked under rocks, all around the house, actually looked under the house. Finally after about 45 minutes( I was real close to doing my bear in the woods impersonation), we found the key laying out in the middle of the yard. Once we got inside, the place didn't look that bad. The phone started ringing(its getting real late by this time) it was the rental company, they were "checking on us". Kinda odd they would call the cabin over an hour after we left the office, but what ever, my wife had a few words with them about the lack of a key, they said they would have some one out there in the morning with a new key box. I hit the bed, everyone else was still awake. First thing I noticed, those cabins are loud, I mean really loud. we had 4 kids between the two families, every time some one went up the stairs to the loft, It sounded like a jackhammer in the bed room. Every freaking noise was amplified in that house, I felt like I was in a loud speaker. I noticed while we were looking for the key, the place had no floor insulation, the rooms didn't have any in the ceiling between the loft area(where the kids stayed), you could fart in one room and it would echo thru the whole house(my bear impersonation ended up in the bathroom, everyone got to hear him growl). The place wasn't too bad(even though it was really loud inside), the key situation was probably an isolated incident even though we felt they knew about it before we went there. I didn't like the fact we were so far out from the office(the office address is right in the middle of Pigeon Forge), I could piss harder than the shower would spray till i found and removed the water saver from the shower head. The place need a good cleaning, but wasn't too bad(I've stayed in far worse), it was the general attitude of the company. They could really give a rats ass the next day about our issues. They sent a guy out later to install a new key box(about 10 min of work), but there attitude was we got your money, so we don't really care, bitch all you want, its not going to change anything. There were a lot of other minor issues, none that would have been an issue by them selves, but after three days of one thing after another with attitude from the management, it pisses you off(especially after your wife finally tells you what the place rented for). after we got back we found a couple of sites to check on the company(no I don't know why we didn't check them before), they're were a lot of complaints about the company, the Tenn tourism site had removed them for numerous complaints. My wife left some criticizing comments on their face book page which were removed by the company. It was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, but it ended up being pretty stressful. i did get to see my favorite bluegrass band play at Dolly World, had a good time at the water park, ate a bunch of good food. Gattlinberg is kinda taking on a darker side at night. More and more foreign"investors" are buying up the business and changing the general attitude of the town. I plan to go back to Gattlinberg/Pigeon Forge, but won't be staying at Aunt Bugs

blacksheep10 said:
Are there bars in gburg or surrounding area

The Park Grille steakhouse and restaurant (NICE place)
****'s (good food and hilarious waitresses)
No Way Jose's (on the river)

sparepartsdave said:
Stay away from Aunt Bugs, we stayed up there last labor day weekend. We arrived late, they called while we were in route to make sure we knew the late check in procedure(we thought we were off to a good start), once we got to the office, there was nothing for us there, no keys, no paper work, we called the after hours number and got no answer. There was another group there that was in the same situation. After standing around for about 45 min some guy rolled up(its about 1 am by this time), went in the back door, fumbled around for about 15 minutes then opened up to see what the problem was, he was pretty cool considering it was late. At this point, other than what time it was, everything was OK, you got to expect some things to go wrong on a holiday weekend.

Once we got paper work, the code for the lock box, and directions to the cabin(8 miles away, thru a construction site with a 1 way road), we drove to the cabin. The place looked pretty cool, log cabin looking with a green roof. We started unloading the car when we noticed the lock box was missing, we looked around and couldn't find it. we called the after hours number numerous times with no answer. We kept looking around for the key, looked under rocks, all around the house, actually looked under the house. Finally after about 45 minutes( I was real close to doing my bear in the woods impersonation), we found the key laying out in the middle of the yard. Once we got inside, the place didn't look that bad. The phone started ringing(its getting real late by this time) it was the rental company, they were "checking on us". Kinda odd they would call the cabin over an hour after we left the office, but what ever, my wife had a few words with them about the lack of a key, they said they would have some one out there in the morning with a new key box. I hit the bed, everyone else was still awake. First thing I noticed, those cabins are loud, I mean really loud. we had 4 kids between the two families, every time some one went up the stairs to the loft, It sounded like a jackhammer in the bed room. Every freaking noise was amplified in that house, I felt like I was in a loud speaker. I noticed while we were looking for the key, the place had no floor insulation, the rooms didn't have any in the ceiling between the loft area(where the kids stayed), you could fart in one room and it would echo thru the whole house(my bear impersonation ended up in the bathroom, everyone got to hear him growl). The place wasn't too bad(even though it was really loud inside), the key situation was probably an isolated incident even though we felt they knew about it before we went there.

I didn't like the fact we were so far out from the office(the office address is right in the middle of Pigeon Forge), I could piss harder than the shower would spray till i found and removed the water saver from the shower head. The place need a good cleaning, but wasn't too bad(I've stayed in far worse), it was the general attitude of the company. They could really give a rats ass the next day about our issues. They sent a guy out later to install a new key box(about 10 min of work), but there attitude was we got your money, so we don't really care, bitch all you want, its not going to change anything. There were a lot of other minor issues, none that would have been an issue by them selves, but after three days of one thing after another with attitude from the management, it pisses you off(especially after your wife finally tells you what the place rented for). after we got back we found a couple of sites to check on the company(no I don't know why we didn't check them before), they're were a lot of complaints about the company, the Tenn tourism site had removed them for numerous complaints. My wife left some criticizing comments on their face book page which were removed by the company. It was supposed to be a relaxing weekend, but it ended up being pretty stressful. i did get to see my favorite bluegrass band play at Dolly World, had a good time at the water park, ate a bunch of good food. Gattlinberg is kinda taking on a darker side at night. More and more foreign"investors" are buying up the business and changing the general attitude of the town. I plan to go back to Gattlinberg/Pigeon Forge, but won't be staying at Aunt Bugs

Dude that was a hard read the way it was!!! I hear ya on the poor service nothing turns me off than poor service. I can handle most problems as long as they handle it right!!!

We stayed here last Valentines day:

Golfview Resort?
718 Golf View Blvd
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863-4124
(423) 908-1342
bearrunfalls.com?

It was really nice. Advice? Don't show up after dark and poke the ol' lady on the back porch in the hot tub. I couldn't see it because it was pitch black, but there was another cabin 50 feet away. I got a thumbs up from the neighbor the next morning.
drool flashemifyougotem thumb.gif

blacksheep10 said:
Are there bars in gburg or surrounding area
Plenty, can't think of one I really care for though and I can probably safely say I've been to all of them ;D. Watch your liquor by the drink, TN tax on that stuff is STOOOOOPID.

Www.baskinscreek.com. we always stay in lovers lair. Its like 125I a night, is super nice, is within walking distance of the bars in gatlinburg, and A 7 dollar cab ride home at night.

there are a few sports bars on the strip past Hard Rock cafe that are good, don't forget to get down to ole smokies moonshine they have free samples... I sat there with my wife and we sampled all 6 of the shines 4 - 5 times. They are mini shots, but hell free shine is free shine.