• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Getting stickies...now what wheels

rpf500

From my other thread (creepy crawlers) now I need wheels. Reading about width and backspacing but still not 100% sure what I need. So....any help or thoughts/specs on what you run?

Running 1 ton axles on a YJ. Tires will be 40x13.50x17. Thanks in advance.

I really like my Stazworks wheels, but if you're in a hurry you might as well forget them. I ordered these in April and they just came in last week. They're really nice though, and tough as ****. Each wheel weighs a little over 60lbs.

Thanks guys. And hokie_yj those things are awesome!!!

What is the backspacing you all run? Are you all using a 10" or 12" wide wheel for a 13.50 tire??

Dude that's selling them 730.00 a set shipped in the parts for sale section, sounds about as cheap as you can get a set for? :dunno:

Zukimaster: Saw those. Myself and a few others asked about other manufactures rings bolting up, replacements, etc, He has not replied yet.

Muddin: thanks, that was 1 piece of info I needed. Once I started looking at some specific wheels, I see the width for 17" beadlocks is very limited. 10 wasn't even offered that I have found atleast. Most 8-9.5.

mcrob: I planned to give Scott a call. What backspace did you go with?

Thanks again guys!!

Re:

I would not let the rings bother me in the decision for them wheels, any fabrication shop usually has a laser machine and they can cut a new one out to match what you have, that is if you ever needed one which is highly unlikely

BlacksNRims.jpg

*note: this is just one of the hilarious results you get when you google "big ****** wheels". :****:

rednecklights said:
Aren't the inner locks hiiiiigh?

Bout $550

New 17s cost ya about $350

Rim stiffeners cost about $100

So about $1000 and you got lightweight double bead locks

and you don't have to **** with 128 bolts and then go back and break your **** down to gorilla tape the inner bead seat when you find out your tires burp air and you lose inner beads.

I've ran inner air locks on 2 rigs and bout to get some for the gremlin. Also had allieds, trail creepers, and a few sets of weld ons and I hate bolt on beadlocks.

I thought about doing some Muttlocks on the gremlin since it's a cheap ****** truck, but putting tires inside tires kinda seems like it would suck, and I know inner air locks work and are easy.