• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

getting title, rebuild tj

sexxy

Bought a wrecked tj from a retired bodyman. He gave me the papers where he bought it from a insurance company/salvage yard. The body is still beat up from the roll over but the running gear is fine. What my idea was to get 3/16" body armor put on to cover up cosmetic, dents. The front fenders with flat/tube fenders to allow for 35s and no lift. I am wonder how to get a title before/during/after the work. It will need a new grill, hood, and possible windshield frame. Roll cage will prolly get an upgrade more suitable to off-road use. Who and where do I need to contact to get things started.

Also where do you recommend getting front tube/flat, body armor, and cage. I have seen several companies with different thickness and prices for the same part. Ex: rustys tube fender was 1 thickness and another company was thicker and cheaper, but don't know the quality of fitment from other company.

Sorry about that. I live in Mississippi. Knew there was something I was forgetting.

I LIVE IN ALABAMA HERE IT HAS TO BE REPAIRED BY LICENSED REBUILDER AND INSPECTED BY THE STATE BEFORE YOU CAN GET A TAG :****:

I did it in TN wasn't too bad just to be safe take plenty of before during and after pics keep all receipts for everything not sure what all you will need there but you can never have too much info to back up what you have done and spent

KVINSON said:
I did it in TN wasn't too bad just to be safe take plenty of before during and after pics keep all receipts for everything not sure what all you will need there but you can never have too much info to back up what you have done and spent

Thats about the same as I did in TN. Have before and after pics and have it checked out to get the okay and rebuilt sticker. And f#k carfax. Look up your states dot or anti theft unit and email them a vin with the car you are wanting to see if it is salvaged or not. They will tell you for free. I have done it several times. I have actually found out a few that were passing off a wrecked one as clean.

Basically after you get done with it you have to take it to the DMV for inspection. Have all your receipts and pictures will help. If they pass it I think you'll get a "rebuilt" title depending on what the damage was. I know they will not clear a fire or flood damage title.

well got some news. The paperwork is saying i can only use it as a parts donor and cannot get a title with my vin. So i am looking for a tub with title to put on my running gear.