• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Glitching....

What doesn't make senese is that I have had the same combo of electronics for a long time and never had issues. I have used it 3 times in the last few weeks with no problems at all, then all of a sudden it starts freaking out.

Electronic crap just does that sometimes. Goes TU for no appearent reason. At this point I would yank the reciever and try a loaner tx rx from someone. It could be anything, even motor but you have to start somewhere.

What doesn't make senese is that I have had the same combo of electronics for a long time and never had issues. I have used it 3 times in the last few weeks with no problems at all, then all of a sudden it starts freaking out.

I've got a losi remote & receiver you could borrow to see if thats whats causing your problems. It doesnt have the 3rd channel for the dig but you should be able to tell if thats your problem.

I soldered on some new plugs on the battery packs, i was getting a "connection error" on one of the packs when I put it on the charger, i was using some old generic Deans plugs I had laying around, so i replaced them with actual deans plugs. The connection error went away, but it didn't help the glitch.

Thats not a glitch bro that things fukn posest. :corn:

I hate to say this but I had a glitch problem ( nothing like yours) and tried a million things. Everyone blamed my radio cause I was the guy with the antenna. I loved my jr (same as yours) cause I had 3 of em and 11 recievers. Put in a dx3r and have no more glitching.

I had similar issues with mine. Tried everything...then I upgraded my radio and it went away.

I am afraid that is what it is going to be. :booo: I did try it with another one of my old JR radios and it didn't help, but who knows.

I been tossing around the idea of selling my RC4WD XR4 4 channel radio if you might be interested:awesomework:

I just did some reading on that radio, looks like it might work well for my setup, I'd just need to address the no epa's on the 3/4 channels, but it looks like there are a few options out there for that.

If you are going to sell it, let me know. I would for sure be interested in it if it takes care of my new glitch.

Im having a glitching problem now with my XL5 ESC, when its just sitting it will give a small burst of power, wont go no where. But now I added more wait to my rig and it wont really glitch, but it wont go no where, itl sit there and when i give it power it wont move unless i give it some help. Ive used 2 different full charged batteries.

Theres no BEC. This is on my scaler.

Should I just get a new XL5?

Last edited:
Kind of sounds like the ESC is shot, but one of the other guys may have a better idea.

Well my problem seems to be solved, tried out that XR4 radio and it doesn't glitch, I hooked the old radio up and it started again. So now I have a new radio, thanks Ricky! :awesomework:

I cant use my dig at the moment since the 3 and 4 do not have EPA's, so I ordered an adapter from wantasummit over on RCC that will give me adjustments, so once that gets here I should be good.

Glad you figured it out. You might be able to bypass endpoint adjustments with servo arm length.

Ok, but I would think you could make a hole in the servo arm near it's pivot point that would result in a very short throw of the linkage.

The adapter showed up today, this thing is pretty sweet. It's nice being able to set up the order of the positions how ever you want, I played around with a few different setups, finally settled on center being 4wd, up is dig locked, down is freewheel. It is small and light weight too. Here is a pic:

b46ab698.jpg

The adapter showed up today, this thing is pretty sweet. It's nice being able to set up the order of the positions how ever you want, I played around with a few different setups, finally settled on center being 4wd, up is dig locked, down is freewheel. It is small and light weight too. Here is a pic:

b46ab698.jpg

Pretty sweet man, does your transmission allow you to have rear dig or front only?