• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GM 4.3L Front Sump Oil Pan?

RustyC

Does anyone know of a front sump oil pan for a one piece rear seal GM 4.3L? :dunno: I have a 4.3L in a rear engine buggy and I am having oiling issues. Looking to keep a wet sump. If I went to a dry sump $$$, I would just swap the engine style.
Basically lost oil pressure during a uphill beatdown. Either the pickup was no longer submerged in the current rear sump pan or most of the oil was pumped to the top of the engine and could not drain back fast enough. I made it up but the engine is hurting. It was 1 quart over full when this happened=rod knock.

I have no direct knowledge if one exists or not but first place I would look is FWD car applications that had the 4.3. (I'm not familiar enough with the engine to know what cars it came in, if any.)

4.3 never came in a front wheel drive app far as I know, maybe an astro van pan but not sure thats any better than a 2wd pan.

I know it sounds ghetto but I'd go to pull a part and bring home two oil pickups and two pans and do some weldern :dblthumb:

There is a rear deeeeeep sump pan from a S10 4wd. I have considered using one and adding a trap door. I am also considering cutting a rear sump pan just below the crank seal and turning the bottom 180* and weldering it back. Then fabricating a new pickup to match.