• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GM front 60 locker?

Ni4x4

I gotta change carriers to re gear, options are all around the same price;

Detroit, Grizzly, or an OEM style carrier and a lunch box like a spartan or lockright?

Which one seems to hold up better?

Thanks,
Sam

I say go with the Grizzly.I went through this last year,went with the Grizzy just because it was a bit cheaper.About the same time that the Grizzly came in we had a Detroit come in.The Grizzly is a fair bit beefier than the detroit,case is filled in more,cross pins are larger and the grizzly is amost 4lbs heavier.The Grizzly setup good too,used the same shims that I had on the 60 charrier,same backlash.Out in the woods,you never know the Grizzly was in the front,locks quick and unlock smooth.

jewylewy said:
whats your tire size, horsepower, rig weight and type of drivin style

My buggy weighs about 3200-3500 lbs, right now about 300hp at the fly wheel but am looking to put a supercharger and water meth injection this summer.....
I run 38.5x11" boggers and cut 44" Gumbo's.
I do a mix of wheeling styles from a bit of muddin, technical crawling with doubler or bouncing when crawling fails!

I have been running waggy dana 44 and amc 20 with detroits and high gears (4.10) for about 6 years and broke a rear axle recently when I put the 44's on and bounced a 4' ledge. I have had no issues with the detroits but am doing a lot more bouncing with this new buggy than I did in my bronco 2 and have read a lot of back and forth about lockers in 60's when bouncing.

I defineatly want a "point and shoot" locker.

I guess I'll give the grizzley a shot in the front than!

Thanks,
Sam