• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GM Water pump neck

I have no idea if mine is a value or professional. Might just go with the professional, more expensive is better right? Lol. I'll still try to salvage the other one to keep as a spare.

True. All in all I can't be too mad. Technically I'm coming out ahead which I feel kinda bad about but it's better than being behind.

Nope. I've posted everything they said. I'll see if I can get any tips from them although I suspect they'll probably say to make sure it's squared up and go slow.

Beerj said:
Nope. I've posted everything they said. I'll see if I can get any tips from them although I suspect they'll probably say to make sure it's squared up and go slow.

This applies to many things in life....inside and outside the garage... LOL

jccarter1 said:
That seems a little to much on that press fit.... Rule of thumb is normally .001 per inch in diameter give or take depending on material so you might want to look into before you start and get it stuck and have to ruin it or it might go in no problem haha

This that is way to much press.

ranger11 said:
Did they tell you the proper method to install them?
Here ya go.

Message from: custombuiltmotors (5,109)

You are correct. It is extremely critical to get both the pump and the fitting dead square. It is very common for the fitting to wander ever so slightly sideways and needs to be corrected immediately and carefully. Typically we do not heat the pump or cool the fitting. Both are normally installed at room temperature.

Bumping this up one last time because CBM knows how to please a customer. The "used take-off" they sent with the fitting already pressed in appears to be nearly new. Perfectly clean inside and out. I can't even find any wear on the pully from the belt. Plus they did the fancy formed foam packaging. thumb.gif I definitely wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. Sorry for the crappy pic but the lense on my phone has no less than 10 cracks in it.

85toyo said:
I hope you have better luck than I did. I couldn't get the water pump to sit flat on the press and it got in there crooked. Never could get it straightened out. Wouldn't go in any further or come out. Just cut it out of the pump last night. Reckon I'm going to order a weld on fitting and take it to a buddy.

I already plugged my two AC lines on mine and was looking for a placed that sold the weld in fittings. Where did you end up going any part numbers?