• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Going Scaler X-trail style

wow talk about way to much time on your hands :;

you need to get outta the house once in a while :redneck:

looks good :beer:

thanks guys.

brian h: I might build some sliders, havent decided.

the other 3 yahoos: I have the 1to1 sitting in the shop waiting for alot of work. i have to put it off for now until im healthier.:awesomework::cheer:

ok this build is coming to an end. im just changing stuff as I feel it needs it. I got some flat iron 2.2 tires today, and mounted them up. definitely not as sticky as the losi rock claws but I think they are a more scaler look. I will evenyually run the 1.9 roklox (irok lookalike) on here. they are almost as tall but alot narrower. here are the flat irons. I still think they look too big. if you do the scale math they would be equivalent to a 49 or 50x22x22in rimmed bfg crawler

0518091610a.jpg

0518091610.jpg

Ok I made a couple improvements today. I made up some bent links and bought some 3racing aluminum knuckles. I couldnt believe they were only $21 bucks at the hobby shop. How do ya like that nice steering geometry? I think I still need to make a panhard bar for the front axle since the steering servo is frame mounted.

HPIM1405.jpg

HPIM1404.jpg

here is a video I made over mem day weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPhLDxoCNKA

I have been busy on a couple things. On paco jr I made nerf bars but placed them just out of sight. I also added a panhard bar up front to keep the axle located. I also had to move the steering box(servo) back since I shortened the wheelbase a bit. The other project was a little rock coarse I am working on. I have a pic and a video of that. so here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WEooHCbiTI

SD530812.jpg

Sean, that video was badass! very nice work, that rig looks to scale and a lot of fun. How about the rock for pizza next week? :cool:

Sean, that video was badass! very nice work, that rig looks to scale and a lot of fun. How about the rock for pizza next week? :cool:

thanks odie. I am entering my first scaler rc competition tomorrow so I am all gitty. I will be up your way monday and thursday, lets do pizza. :awesomework:

Ok just did my first scaler comp today. I was really excited how well I did. My first course i scored pretty high(as expected) but the next one I scored in the middle of the pack, and the 3rd one I did really well. So overall I was very pleased with how paco jr did and how well I did. heres a couple pics

here I am lined up for course 2 with some of the competition
SD530854.jpg

here is one of the many very cool log bridges on the courses.
SD530888.jpg

the finish line on course 2, whhheeww I made it.
SD530896.jpg

some verying terrain here for sure. loose rotted wood makes for tough hillclimbs
SD530895.jpg

another example of the awesome bridges on these courses.
SD530890.jpg

I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT! haha
SD530879.jpg

I just love this picture. my daughter took all these btw, great job kaitlyn.
SD530939.jpg

Latest posts