• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Going Scaler X-trail style

What Josh said as far as the GTG, I think there is talk about it this Sunday at the slab...not to be confused with the rock comp Saturday.

Montana is in May 15,16 and 17th.

Thanks now where is the slab?

I am trying the brazing today. I am a lil pissed, I mounted the body last night using side body posts and now it doesnt hang right over the rear bumper. I think I shouldve used the top post kit. Oh well it looks ok still. I am shooting for running it at the gtg on sunday if it isnt too far away. I will be posting progress pics soon too.

No new tube work today but I did hook up the electrnics and take it for a spin. it seems to perform pretty good. It wont do some of the climbs it used to but there is alot more weight up high and with having a frame now it limits the suspension travel. here are some poser shots.

scaler6.jpg

scaler7.jpg

scaler8.jpg

Last edited:
Cool....
Do you know Cherokeekid here on the board? He lives somewhere in your area and was working on some courses at his place....has alot of property to work with.

Cool....
Do you know Cherokeekid here on the board? He lives somewhere in your area and was working on some courses at his place....has alot of property to work with.

Driving over dead carcases and mountian dew bottles isnt something I would want to play on.:puke:

I am definitely going to mount my steering servo to the chassis. I like that. I got some parts I was waiting for. I picked up some aluminum link material and my recaro seats. I also got a free metal table today so I have a new hobby work station. Minnie me and minnie wife and minnie weird dog my wife wants in the scaler are excited to have seats now, haha. Now i need to start on the interior.

newtomedesk.jpg

HPIM1120.jpg

HPIM1121.jpg

Hahaha....right on Sean. I dig yer peeps.

Thanks josh. I dig the new skins on the 1 to 1. they are the mini version of my wife and I. Well the guy is a tad skinnier than me, but the garb and details match(eye and hair color)

So i got a new esc today. I picked up a novak crawler combo for $80bucks today. I also got some work done on the blazer. I mounted the steering servo to the frame and made the steering link for it. Now that I have the esc I want to run I can mount it perminently and hide the wiring.

So here are a few pics of the progress. Got the servo mounted to the frame. I also started the floor and the cagework. I havent figured out how I will mount the floor to the frame yet. The cage will screw to the frame in 6 locations. Then I can start building the dash and mounting the electronics.
the servo mounted
HPIM1125.jpg

the start of the floor
HPIM1124-1.jpg

the start of the cage
HPIM1126.jpg

my scaler stuff
HPIM1123.jpg

my raft
HPIM1127.jpg

I got the cage fabbed up today. i havent cleaned it up yet and I really suck at photography so enjoy. now on to the floor and seats. the dash has me a little concerned. I will probably add a bar here or there if I think it needs more.

0429092106.jpg

0429092109.jpg

0429092109a.jpg

I am finally putting an interior in paco. I made a dash today from a sheet of styrene. I still have a bunch to do to it. the next pic is of the floorboards and how it might be layed out.

pacodash.jpg

pacointerior.jpg

Ok i am assembling the interior now. All I have left at this point is glueing some of the scaler items down and hiding, waterproofing, and finishing the electronics. then the next project will be getting some lites for it and mounting them up. I also want to build fenderwells for the front and rear too. :chug:
as you can see I kept there legs and feet. it is far from perfect, but for a first try I am happy with it.
HPIM1216.jpg

and the interior mounted to the chassis. missing is all the scaler items for the back.
HPIM1219.jpg

I don't know you are looking a little skimpy on the leg room...:redneck::awesomework:

Oh yeah jack I know. well I got it all put together tonight.I can barely see all the detail through the cloudy windows. probably gonna cut the roof off sooner than later. I got the reciever waterproofed into the tool box and the esc above the battery in the engine compartment.

HPIM1226.jpg

HPIM1227.jpg

HPIM1228.jpg

ok I got the new bumper built and painted. I wired up the winch and already broke the hook. this thing is cool. so I think I am ready for some scaler comps. I also shortened the wheelbase and lowered the front. I cant wait to test run it tomorrow.
here im fabbing up the new bumper
HPIM1232.jpg

now waiting for paint to dry.
HPIM1237.jpg

all wired up and done
HPIM1240.jpg

nice poser shot
HPIM1247.jpg

HPIM1249.jpg

Latest posts