• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Going wheelin camping

bigred_086

Headding out this weekend to the Natches area,Saturday around 10am I'm going up 676 trail,and headding to Moon rocks and Funny rocks,and do the shoe string,so if your in the area,:cheer: :cool: :beer: ::hi:

I'll be there with 2 of my boys!
Where do ya plan on camping?
We usually camp about 4 -5 miles up 1900 from 410, near the river.
I leave an orange traffic cone out on 1900, says "LayemStr8" on it.
Love to join ya, let me know.

Last edited:
Hey Jeff,

We will be over there Thursday through Sunday. 3 toy trucks and 2 jeeps. We will be running Kaner,Shoe String, maybe a little at the rocks and we plan on doing some of the trails on the south side of the American River past Cliffdale off the Nile road. We'll see ya over there. :hi:

I plan on camping off the Natches trail by the hill that is close to the beginning on the east side.:hi:

We're heading over tomorrow morning. We camp about 3 miles from 410 on the Little Naches river (below Raven's Roost). The jeep is giving me fits. I think she's still mad from the mudbog. I can't get 4-L to lock in both drive shafts. I've never heard of a 205 do that (at least without the obvious sound of breakage).
There's a spot we get every year if we can get there during the week. It's about 2 acres and right on the river. Last year we had the Olympic 4x guys share the spot. I'll hang a Jolly Roger or confederate flag by the entrance.

I'll be there this friday eve to run the shoestring on saturday and play on the rocks once we get there. Buggy and a jeep rubicon. Odds are we'll hit the rocks for a bit friday eve.

bent,
where do you plan on camping?

Along the Naches river somewhere, we need a pretty big spot. So you being from Yakima do you know the trails on the south side of the American river? :beer:

Last edited:
Along the Naches river somewhere, we need a pretty big spot. So you being from Yakima do you know the trails on the south side of the American river? :beer:

Unfortunately no, I've only been back here for a year now.
Spent the last 20 years on the wet side.

South of the American River is Wilderness area. After the Americian River and the Bumping merge is tne Naches River. The Naches River and the Little Naches Merge at the FS 19 and Hwy410 intersection and the river is the Naches until it merges with the Yakima River in Yakima. South of the Naches River off the Nile road you can find wheeling on the Cloversprings/Mudsprings Trail. Also in the Glass Creek basin there is wheeling. However if you are more than a light duty wheeler you will be disapointed. Almost all the trails are easy. Stock rigs have no problems.

Latest posts