• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Going wheelin camping

South of the American River is Wilderness area. After the Americian River and the Bumping merge is tne Naches River. The Naches River and the Little Naches Merge at the FS 19 and Hwy410 intersection and the river is the Naches until it merges with the Yakima River in Yakima. South of the Naches River off the Nile road you can find wheeling on the Cloversprings/Mudsprings Trail. Also in the Glass Creek basin there is wheeling. However if you are more than a light duty wheeler you will be disapointed. Almost all the trails are easy. Stock rigs have no problems.

Thanks bud, There was a write up at NWjeepn.com about some of those trails and some of my club members have been in that area before but it has been years ago. We just thought we would try something different. Thanks for correcting me on the whole river thing I need a good schooling now and again. :D

One other thing. Cloversprings is off the 1600 road system. Another area to check out is in the Bethel Ridge area. That's the 1500 road. Mostly you will find areas to explore. There is wheeling but it is at the easy to moderate level. Not any marked trails on the north side of the Bethel. There are a couple decent trails on the southside of Bethel Ridge. They are 4w marked forest service trails. Note the Little Rattlesnake Trail has not reopened yet.

If ya see a dark blue Burb and trailer with a quad, say hey...I will be up on the Naches Sat-Sun and then heading to Evans for Sun-Mon...Stop by for a shot or a cold beer at night, my crew all dumped on me, so by my self....