• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park- Good to Go!

TBItoy

UPDATE: JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THE TRAILS ARE OPEN AND READY, just in case anyone was wondering!

Heard from Anthony that runs the park, seems that this winter and some piece of crap CRIMINALS have been hard on the park recently.

First off, the ice and wind that we got a few weeks back tore down a TON of trees and limbs, so most of the trails are blocked to some degree. He has been working to get as much of it open as he can, but he doesn't have a "real" rig to get around to a lot of the trails and the dozer can only do so much. So if you can, bring a chainsaw and help clear some trails as you ride.

Second, some pieces of **** STOLE all the water heaters from the bunk houses, bathrooms, and pavilions. They cut the water lines and left them running.

Third, some more pieces of **** DUMPED a HUGE(probably multiple) trailer load of used/junk tires off of the main road into the woods near/onto trail 56! Anthony said there were estimated 300 tires dumped...

GoldenMt.jpg

I was already planning to go to the SRRS race this weekend, but I'm planning to be out there Easter Sunday helping a bit, and then the next couple weekends.

And as always, if anyone has any info about the thefts or dumping, call the White County Sheriffs Dept or Golden Mountain Park. Or post it up!

Re: Golden Mountain Park could use some help!

That is extremely shitty! Hate to see this happen to my favorite park. If I wasn't six hrs away I'd be there this wknd.

Doesn't the owners live in Birmingham? That's who I have to pay for an RV spot a week in advance of arrival now. Sounds like the problems that have been plaguing the park are still happening. Sorry to hear, this is an awesome park.

LandSpeeder said:
Doesn't the owners live in Birmingham? That's who I have to pay for an RV spot a week in advance of arrival now. Sounds like the problems that have been plaguing the park are still happening. Sorry to hear, this is an awesome park.

They used to, but Mrs Randolph that actually owns the park now lives in one of the houses on the park property since the passing of her husband. the Randolphs property management company actually handles the money side of things. Anthony is an employee of that company, but he doesn't have anything to do with pre reservation, pre payments, and such

That sucks. If it weren't 4 hours away I would come up and help in a heartbeat. I'll be there Labor Day week/ weekend.

WTF is wrong with people. How bad is water damage in the bunkhouses and outhouses ?

jeeptj99 said:
WTF is wrong with people. How bad is water damage in the bunkhouses and outhouses ?

Concrete floors, so I don't think water damage was too big of an issue

Going to try to get there within the next month. A tire store probably paid someone to haul off tires and they dumped them there to avoid the disposal fee.

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park could use some help!

Sawzall said:
Going to try to get there within the next month. A tire store probably paid someone to haul off tires and they dumped them there to avoid the disposal fee.
Exactly

man thats awful news. Ms. Randolph and Tony have always been good as gold to us and everyone I'm aware of thats been there. pisses me off someone ****ed with the place :JRich: :JRich: :JRich: i don't care what color they are…

I'd be happy to come down and throw a hand in cleaning up.. anybody else in on organizing something?

My rig is down at the moment but i can come help if someone has a passenger seat i can ride in. i got a chainsaw and all that.

Nick ill talk to Chuck if we don't have anything going on im sure he would be up to it. That is my favorite park

What a bunch of crap. You know, surveillance video is really expensive and basically not an option for places like golden mtn but there are a lot of fairly inexpensive trail cameras these days. I'd be all for pitching some money into a pot so they could purchase some motion cameras to set up in hidden areas around the park. Just a thought. I'll bring a chainsaw next time I head there.

tallnate said:
What a bunch of crap. You know, surveillance video is really expensive and basically not an option for places like golden mtn but there are a lot of fairly inexpensive trail cameras these days. I'd be all for pitching some money into a pot so they could purchase some motion cameras to set up in hidden areas around the park. Just a thought. I'll bring a chainsaw next time I head there.
There are trail cams in place now. Hopefully no one steals them!

TBItoy said:
There are trail cams in place now. Hopefully no one steals them!

Tbitoy when are you going up there to work? I'd be happy to come help but i dont have a way around the park right now my rig is getting some much needed love.

Re: Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park could use some help!

jeeptj99 said:
Tbitoy when are you going up there to work? I'd be happy to come help but i dont have a way around the park right now my rig is getting some much needed love.
I'll probably go Easter Sunday for a while that afternoon.

April 11 (the Saturday after Easter) is when I'm planning to make a day of it.