• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gonna give it a try!

Grommit327

$220 thats nto bad. I thought you guys had way more than that into these RC trucks. Hell maybe I'll pick one up soon.

$220 thats nto bad. I thought you guys had way more than that into these RC trucks. Hell maybe I'll pick one up soon.
That's just for the chassis parts...I think it will be easy to sink another 300 into the electronics depending on what I get

That's what I'm shooting for...hoping to get things done for about $600 total build (haha...I know that's prob a dream :D)

So far looking at the usual upgrades...aluminum c's/knuckles, straight axle adapters, 4-link conversion plates. Looking at running the mamba max ESC but don't know what motor I am gonna be running or what radio setup

That's what I'm shooting for...hoping to get things done for about $600 total build (haha...I know that's prob a dream :D)

So far looking at the usual upgrades...aluminum c's/knuckles, straight axle adapters, 4-link conversion plates. Looking at running the mamba max ESC but don't know what motor I am gonna be running or what radio setup

If I were you I would get a nice radio like the 2.4 GHz computer radios.

If I were you I would get a nice radio like the 2.4 GHz computer radios.

Kinda was looking at the DX3R setup but that's a bit more than I wanted to spend :D I may just use my current traxxas 2channel from my nitro setup to get up and running. After some more research today it looks like people have been having good luck with the HH Revolver motor combined with the Mamba Max. Gotta wait until next month to get that though :rolleyes:

You can get a good runner for that joe.....

I think that I am into mine about that much, so I think that you can definitely get started for your stated budget, I think that I may have hooked a friend of mine today

with the budget you are planning you should have a really good comp rig. I probably have less than $450 total into mine..

I think I spent about 500-550 building mine, but that was with Losi Rock Claws too. I also got a free JR XS3 radio and receiver from a friend. Since then I've spent another 100-150 or so on Axial bent lower links, Axial springs, Kreepy Krawler foams, TCS 4 links plates, and a new Losi Grappler body. Probably a few other things I'm not remembering right now.

Here's some sweet poser shots after I put on the bent links and new body.

Losibody4.jpg

Losibody3.jpg

Last edited:
I think I spent about 500-550 building mine, but that was with Losi Rock Claws too. I also got a free JR XS3 radio and receiver from a friend. Since then I've spent another 100-150 or so on Axial bent lower links, Axial springs, Kreepy Krawler foams, TCS 4 links plates, and a new Losi Grappler body. Probably a few other things I'm not remembering right now.

Here's some sweet poser shots after I put on the bent links and new body.

Losibody4.jpg

Losibody3.jpg
Looks good...what motor/esc setup are you running and what battery packs are those?

Thanks
Joe

Looks good...what motor/esc setup are you running and what battery packs are those?

Thanks
Joe

I have a Integy 75T motor, wanted a 55T but my shop was sold out of everything but 75T's at the time. One of these days I'll get around to putting in a new motor. Rooster Crawler ESC, I like the drag brake but the dreaded "Crawler glitch" is for real. It just jumps a little bit every once in a while like you blipped the throttle. I didn't think it was a big deal until I had it up on some real rocks and it glitched and I rolled all the way back down. The batteries are Elite 1500mah 2/3A's that I soldered up myself. But you can buy them pre-made in the same configuration from tcscrawlers.com. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

I have a Integy 75T motor, wanted a 55T but my shop was sold out of everything but 75T's at the time. One of these days I'll get around to putting in a new motor. Rooster Crawler ESC, I like the drag brake but the dreaded "Crawler glitch" is for real. It just jumps a little bit every once in a while like you blipped the throttle. I didn't think it was a big deal until I had it up on some real rocks and it glitched and I rolled all the way back down. The batteries are Elite 1500mah 2/3A's that I soldered up myself. But you can buy them pre-made in the same configuration from tcscrawlers.com. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
I think that I read that they finally have the Rooster "jitter" fixed and will reprogram your ESC if you do a return to Novak. Here is the thread and I think post #215 has instructions http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85567&page=11

I was looking at that esc but am still a little leery of the problems

I think that I read that they finally have the Rooster "jitter" fixed and will reprogram your ESC if you do a return to Novak. Here is the thread and I think post #215 has instructions http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85567&page=11

I was looking at that esc but am still a little leery of the problems

Thanks, I'll look into that. I think if I decide to spend some more money once the weather clears up, I'll probably get the Novak GOAT brushless setup. I've used a bunch of other Novak products before and never had a problem until I got this Crawler ESC. My buddy runs the local RC store and so I've tried out a bunch of setups on other peoples Axials and the brushless ones are so sweet.

Alright...made some decisions about what I'm going to start with electronics-wise.

Mamba max & HH Crawlmaster sport 1000k-Couldn't decide if I wanted to go brushed or brushless but I decided to just go for it and get a brushless setup...need to decide what pinion size to get. If I don't like the brushless setup I might head towards a Cobalt Puller

Castle BEC-Seems to be general knowledge that with a good servo one of these is needed even though the MM has one built in

CS-170 servo-Read several times to not skimp on the servo

and for now a TQ3 Rx/Tx...looking to upgrade to a dx3r later but this should get me going on the cheap

not sure on battery packs yet but I would like to run Nimh...either a 8 cell elite 1500 or should I go to SC size like the elite 4000mah in a 6 cell pack for some longer run times?

Already posted on RCC but thought I would post here and see what you guys think

Thanks
Joe