• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gonna give it a try!

Nice, those should work out well for you. I'm still running the stock ones, I haven't broke one yet. I even did a custom High Steer setup on mine. It works pretty good and moved the steering linkage up about 1/4". I'll see if I have some pics of it. It's kind of ghetto, I used some heavy foam and shaved it into the shape I needed, kind of like making custom body pieces. I coated it with JB Weld to harden it and have beat on it without breaking or crushing it yet. I talked to TCS about making some and they said that they had a prototype in CAD already but weren't sure if they were going to produce it or not.

I want flex like that for $220! :haha:

Like this... :D

Losibody4.jpg

i ordered mine today but the kit was $209.99 :haha: :awesomework:
Awww shudup!!!

hahahaha...congrats on the purchase...it's more addicting than my crack habbit

I took it down to a small rock course at A-main raceway last night and screwed around with it for a couple of battery packs. Damage equals 2 shocks that popped apart and one stripped out locker. Was also getting some wierd glitching that almost seemed like interference. Truck would just take off in reverse sometimes. Overall it did pretty good though until the rain made everything slicker than snot

Time for a little update. I swear progressing with these rigs is like a 1:1 rig...only at a much faster rate. I have changed my suspension around and rebuilt this rig several times already. Took it out to the ORCRC comp last weekend and played around with it on some of the courses after they were done running them. Did real good but there were a couple of places it just wasn't working. There was one turn I had a hard time making sharp enough and a sidehill/climb that was brutal. I should be getting the new VF dig first thing next week and it's getting installed which should help. Also there was a ledge I just couldn't make it up do to belly drag

When I put the Losi shocks on it dropped my ride height down to 1.75"...obviously way too short. I think in this next round of mods the dig is getting installed and the chassis is going as narrow as I can get it. I also need to make some new upper shock mounts to get things raised back up again...going to shoot for 2.75" with the rear squatted a little more than the front.

Also have some new Mayhem wheels on order as I snapped one of the Axial wheels. Glued the plastic hex in and it's working for now but the Mayhems should give me a little bit more width which I need in front to clear the links/shocks.

Here's the pics of how it was setup before the teardown begins.

Attachments

• LowAX1.jpg
    LowAX1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 76
  • LowAX2.jpg
    LowAX2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 73
  • LowAX3.jpg
    LowAX3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 76
Alright...time for some more pics

This is what happens when somethings just not working right :haha:

Attachments

• Torn Down.jpg
    Torn Down.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 68
Ended up narrowing the chassis to 63mm outside to outside of chassis. I think factory they are at 83mm. Was shooting for 59mm but had to leave some room for the dig that still hasn't made it's way here yet. Also mounted my shocks lower to get a bit more ride height. I need to get some stiffer springs and also figure out why these new Losi's leak so bad. I also want to play around with my suspension and see if I can get it a little more stabile. Ride height is now at 2.75" and wheelbase at exactly 12.5"

Attachments

• Narrowed1.jpg
    Narrowed1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Narrowed2.jpg
    Narrowed2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Narrowed3.jpg
    Narrowed3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Narrowed4.jpg
    Narrowed4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 64
looks good i just bought one on saturday. i have already broke alot of stuff. i need to get home early so i can go get some new parts!

Well the AX10 is hardly going to be an AX10 anymore. Got tired of not being able to make the chassis work the way I wanted it to with my upper link lengths and mounting locations...especially with the the VF dig. Have a new GC2 chassis on the way so the only AX components left are the transmission and axles. I'll have some pics coming up once I get everything assembled

Latest posts