• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good, CHEAP driveshaft shop?

MIG'DHORSE

I recently spoke with drivelines NW and he quoted me at $450 for a pretty standard shaft, and .095 wall is as thick as they'll do?? wtf?

i'm sure as all hell not paying 450 for a rear shaft..

any suggestions? I know this question gets asked here and there just seeing what you guys thought..:beer:

make your own, thats what I have always done, including ones that have been on the highway. Chop saw, straight edge, welder. Pretty easy to do.

I recently spoke with drivelines NW and he quoted me at $450 for a pretty standard shaft, and .095 wall is as thick as they'll do?? wtf?

any suggestions? I know this question gets asked here and there just seeing what you guys thought..:beer:

Think thats bad.. A mutual friend of Chop Shop and mine spent 700 just on his front DL from them... It lasted 1 trip out on a friends property:haha:

six states is worth checking out

Go to a machine shop if you want it right. You said cheap, but I say if you can't afford to do it right the first time, how can you afford to do it twice?

I built both mine in about an hour with .120 wall fo cheeep:awesomework:

Wht didnt corey tell you how good the DLNW shaft is and money well spent.:76:

Do you need a rear shortened? or lengthened? or CV? or long spline? ETC?

If you have the yokes Dave at Adavnced Drivelines in Yelm does them for me out of .120 wall for under $200 always. Hes da man:awesomework:

If its not a daily driver or a concern I build a very strong trail shaft for cheap. No ones ever broke one.:beer:

make your own, thats what I have always done, including ones that have been on the highway. Chop saw, straight edge, welder. Pretty easy to do.
I've considered this... i'd like to replace the tubing as well with something beefier to keep it from pop canning on the trail.. it's likely that i'll build my own front shaft.:awesomework:
six states is worth checking out

Go to a machine shop if you want it right. You said cheap, but I say if you can't afford to do it right the first time, how can you afford to do it twice?
by cheap i mean not $450. i'm willing to pay but really not that much.. especially for the limited options he gave me. i feel that the $200 +/- a bit is a fair price for a shaft in which i supply the yokes. i really just want it to be stout and something that I can freeway.
I built both mine in about an hour with .120 wall fo cheeep:awesomework:

Wht didnt corey tell you how good the DLNW shaft is and money well spent.:76:

Do you need a rear shortened? or lengthened? or CV? or long spline? ETC?

If you have the yokes Dave at Adavnced Drivelines in Yelm does them for me out of .120 wall for under $200 always. Hes da man:awesomework:

If its not a daily driver or a concern I build a very strong trail shaft for cheap. No ones ever broke one.:beer:
i'm using my IFS cv shaft from the front in the rear of the truck... need the cv clearanced (i could do that) and retubed with someting a bit stronger than the stock tube. i'm not too worried about the balance of the front shaft, as i won't be in 4wd on the freeway.. as long as it isn't a square shaft!:redneck: i have a TG long slip unit for the front i'd like to use with some beefy tubing. i'll be driving this truck (more than i should) on the freeway and to/from the trail quite a bit so i'd like the rear to be pretty smooth.
I had driveline tech build my rear he clearance a cv and used .250 tube cost me around $250
http://drivelinetech.com
sweet man thanks. sounds like a good deal for a beefy shaft. i'll check that out.:awesomework:

thanks for all the replies, guys. they all have been useful!:awesomework::beer:

I use driveline services out of belingham.....I thought he was reasonable as my front shaft was big money and they did it for 400.00 less than anyone else

DL NW can lick 'em.

DONT BUY FROM ARIZONA DRIVLINES!!!
If for some reason you decide to I will personally come down there and kick you in the shadowy area between your legs. :fawkdancesmiley::haha:

I used precision drivelines in kirkland off 124th, $250 for a front shaft all brand new components. That was $150 for the toyota long spline (brought it in to them) then $40 for tube and $25 for a new dumb end yoke/flange and $50 labor or so. :awesomework: Rear was about the same maybe $275, CV upper/single lower (i supplied both) cost of tube/mount/balancing....

I'm pretty satisfied with them, the rear had a slight wobble, took it in at lunch, got it back in about 3 hours, had a friend pick it up even. :awesomework:

Last edited:
Clearancing an IFS shaft dont sound like the hot ticket, dude.:booo:

Just buy the shaft Mark has fo cheap and have ONE cut and weld done at a local shop for less than 40-50 bucks. It will bw to long for a PU.

Then you have a staight and oemshaft with a LARGE cv and capable of steep angles/droop.

tom wood's, alway's right, alway's quality, and great prices. Even though they are in Utah, they build them same day and ship. You call monday it's on your doorstep wednesday.

I second that,very quick service,good warranty,they will fix your first trail f up for free, and there very durable.