• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good deals on tow rigs

cisco

Anyone noticed how cheap tow rigs are these days? Seems like prices have dropped on average 4 grand.

Do you think maybe that the current shitty economy has something to do with it?

Along with the reduced price on everything else?

$2.99 6" Subs at Subway :haha:

I have been thinking about replacing my 04 dakota truck with an 09 dodge 1500 2wd crew cab and the in bed sidewall boxes. Also use it to tow RubyDoo.

I have been thinking about replacing my 04 dakota truck with an 09 dodge 1500 2wd crew cab and the in bed sidewall boxes. Also use it to tow RubyDoo.

if you use the bed AT ALL you might want to re-think the boxes.. There is almost no bed with that option.

yeah no kidding! a 1500 is just about useless for towing; additionally any tow rig with a gas engine in it is kind of a dinosaur as well. Not for power, those big blocks are great, the mileage though is just so poor compared to a modern turbo diesel when hauling a trailer or vehicle in tow.

Tow rig prices sure are coming down though. Its nice to see as I always thought that "new" trucks were completly overpriced. In all honesty if I were to buy a truck these days I would look at fleet vehicles. I hate being filthy from wheeling or working all day and climbing into a new truck. feels like I just sat down in my grandfather's lincoln with muddy boots on. Too much leather and too many creature comforts for my taste.

The new ones for 09 are tow rated for 9100 Lbs. RubyDoo is just over 5000 then 2000 for a trailer which leaves 2000 lbs left. 1500 crew with RamBox, bedlength 5'7", Bed width 51", Bed depth 20". Pretty close to the same as my Dakota truck.

The new ones for 09 are tow rated for 9100 Lbs. RubyDoo is just over 5000 then 2000 for a trailer which leaves 2000 lbs left. 1500 crew with RamBox, bedlength 5'7", Bed width 51", Bed depth 20". Pretty close to the same as my Dakota truck.

maybe so. We parked my Mom's 99 Dakota next to an 09 Ram.. No way I could fit more in the Ram then the Dakota that's for sure. They were about as small as a Ford explorer sport trac box. You might as well just buy an SUV.

maybe so. We parked my Mom's 99 Dakota next to an 09 Ram.. No way I could fit more in the Ram then the Dakota that's for sure. They were about as small as a Ford explorer sport trac box. You might as well just buy an SUV.

I got an SUV, RUBYDOO!!!!!

I'm sure teh weight ratings are good, but that has nothing to do with the power or mileage. I'm sure you've seen or been stuck behind that guy going 35 up the interstate because his truck doesnt have the guts to pull what is in tow. Also the braking systems on a 1/2 ton are not as well equipped for that kind of use. 3/4 ton or bust says this client. A friend of a friend purchased a 1/2 with the hemi to pull his camper trailer. That combo was great on the street without a load. Put the trailer on and that hemi did 50 mph at 8 mpg.

I'm sure teh weight ratings are good, but that has nothing to do with the power or mileage. I'm sure you've seen or been stuck behind that guy going 35 up the interstate because his truck doesnt have the guts to pull what is in tow. Also the braking systems on a 1/2 ton are not as well equipped for that kind of use. 3/4 ton or bust says this client. A friend of a friend purchased a 1/2 with the hemi to pull his camper trailer. That combo was great on the street without a load. Put the trailer on and that hemi did 50 mph at 8 mpg.

the brakes and steering on a new half ton Ram will walk all over my 98 Ram diesel. It's amazing what happens over a decade.. Things actually get better.

I had to double check the date on this post... What rock you been hiding under? :eeek:

I know its been this way for a while. Just wanted to talk about it.

I keep teetering on buying a newer one, but cant quite come to the idea getting rid of my current 12 valve. Its set up just the way I like it and paid for. Granted the interior and paint look like total hammered dog poo.

If I was just getting around to buying one, I'd be excited about the prices.

I keep teetering on buying a newer one, but cant quite come to the idea getting rid of my current 12 valve. Its set up just the way I like it and paid for. Granted the interior and paint look like total hammered dog poo.

Paint job and new seats are a heck of a lot cheaper than a new truck.:eeek: