• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good steering servo?

I'm running that same servo, I'm happy with it so far, I haven't had a problem stalling it out at all.

The most bang for the buck in servo land is the Hobbico CS-170. It costs a bit more than the popular HiTec 645MG, but the 645 is weak and prone to stripping. The CS170 is actually a HiTec HS5955TG, that has been re-branded with a Hobbico sticker. Price is under $90, which is nearly $30 less than you pay for the same servo with a HiTec sticker. This thing has 333oz of torque, and will swing your 2.2 tires around with some authority.

If there's one thing I try to tell people new to this, it's to buy the best servo you possibly can. There are a ton of other places you can save money and hide it, but an inferior servo will always remind you it's there every time you run the truck.

here's a link to the CS-170 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNRN6&P=ML

Not as good as the above mentioned but you can get by with a tower pro 945 and it's around $30 and I think a little better than a 965.?
But as todd said you notice it when you really need it. But when I get big I'll get a real strong one. :)

Tell me about it, nothing like moving the rear of your truck over 4" just by turning the tires, when you need to adjust your line a little:D

Latest posts