• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

good transmission guy/shop in North AL??

J/Cope79 said:
I had good luck with Alan Simmons at Al's Transmission in Athens AL. 256-232-5089.

Never dealt with PTC, or Landers. Have dealt with Alan before, my xploder blew the 5 speed on the way home from TN. Super cool guy, the ford was in a storage lot down the road and they went down picked it up and already had it going back together by the time I made the 4 hour ride back up there to pick it up. Let me hang out in the back of the shop watching them put it back together, as well as showing me some **** about rebuilding the 5 speed.

Michael Boatright at Bill's Transmission near Vinemont. Just past the Ag Center on the left off Hwy 31. Tell him I sent you Zayne. He builds all kinds of trans including high dollar drag race transmissions.

I Know alot of people are saying PTC but... I will say this first I like the guys that work there alot but I had my Transmission in my truck done there and they have had it back 6 times, never offered to come get it, and it took 1 month or more every time and it's still not right at all. But I can't sacrifice not having my truck anymore and a few of the times it Had no more than 100 miles on it. The last time it broke the input shaft goin 70 down the road. Now it's to the point of having to manual shift it ( aautomatic) to even drive it, it will start out in 2 gear and shift gears until it hits over drive or kill itself and not be goin 20 MPH. So I just wanted to put my input in on this. I'm not Down grading them at all like I said there really good People anD alot. Of people use them but it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, but maybe I'm the only one that's ever had problems with one after they fixed it, but good luck

Yep, sure is. I didn't even look at that, just seen the title and where people were responding so I jumped in too. That's funny.

scrowexj said:
I Know alot of people are saying PTC but... I will say this first I like the guys that work there alot but I had my Transmission in my truck done there and they have had it back 6 times, never offered to come get it, and it took 1 month or more every time and it's still not right at all. But I can't sacrifice not having my truck anymore and a few of the times it Had no more than 100 miles on it. The last time it broke the input shaft goin 70 down the road. Now it's to the point of having to manual shift it ( aautomatic) to even drive it, it will start out in 2 gear and shift gears until it hits over drive or kill itself and not be goin 20 MPH. So I just wanted to put my input in on this. I'm not Down grading them at all like I said there really good People anD alot. Of people use them but it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, but maybe I'm the only one that's ever had problems with one after they fixed it, but good luck

I had a 2004 Dodge and it started the same thing with not wanting to shift...put new solenoid's in it and never had another problem and put another 100k miles on it afterwards. Hope this helps

Dwalk said:
I had a 2004 Dodge and it started the same thing with not wanting to shift...put new solenoid's in it and never had another problem and put another 100k miles on it afterwards. Hope this helps

Dodge transmissions do sometimes go back to builders multiple times because of issues like this. I know some do not work on them any longer because of past experiences with having to rebuild under warranty.