• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Good "zip tie" cutters

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So I have a nice ziptie gun now that really does a nice cut but looking for a good pair of cutters.. Whats out there?

I just use a good set of side cutters, making sure the cutting edge is flat, or very near flat...If they are not, I will make them flat...Some cutters have a very deep cutting edge, those make horrible zip tie cutters...

Not what you're looking for, but a good ol' razor blade has worked the best for me. Cuts them nice and close.

I have some long zip ties if anyone has a need for long ones. I think they are over 24" long.

Thanks glenn. I think those were posted and I didn't add them to my wishlist.. :awesomework:

I just use a good set of side cutters, making sure the cutting edge is flat, or very near flat...If they are not, I will make them flat...Some cutters have a very deep cutting edge, those make horrible zip tie cutters...

Hard to find side cutters that are absolutely flat on one side. All mine the cutting is on the flat side.

Not what you're looking for, but a good ol' razor blade has worked the best for me. Cuts them nice and close.

Good way to end up in the ER for stitches :haha: Even more so on vacation in oregon :haha:

Mike, you suffer from ETW.
Excessive Tool Want. :SMH::SMH:

I can tell ya after close to 30 years its all about the right tool :awesomework:

Hard to find side cutters that are absolutely flat on one side. All mine the cutting is on the flat side.

I have some at home that were geared more toward electrical use (MAC tools IIRC), that work really well.
Now I have a set of Proto's at work, that originally were not flat on the backside....but with a 120grit 2" disc in my wizzertoolthingymajig..., and a little time made em so! :redneck:
AND they work really well for cutting zip ties "flush"...ABSOLUTELY no sharp edge left hangin out...TRUST ME, we use ALOT of em at work! :thud:

I keep my pocket knife reeeeeealy sharp. Works great.

As a trail prank, I has some of those 4ft ducting zip ties and zipped one around a buddies driveline and the clacking it did with every turn drove him nuts for about 20 min on the trail till someone on the mic asked him what he had hanging from under his rig. Proceeded to try and cut it off with his pocket knife and instead it slipped off and sliced his palm wide open. Felt like ****. When everyone asked him what he did it on, his reply was, you should have seen the size of that tie!!!

You need these in your life

https://store.snapon.com/Electronic...c-Tapered-Head-4-3-8-AWG-17-max--P645310.aspx

E707BCG.jpg