• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got a new toy/project!

Boonie Buster

Stuck on a Curb
It's a 2002 KLR 250. :cheer:

Took it for a spin this morning, seems to be (well, to me) pretty quick for a 250. :awesomework: I'm not super light, but it's def. an improvement over the 70's 125 I rode a couple years ago. :haha:

I traded it for my VW. I think he got the better end of the deal, but I will have something I can use, which is worth more to me! :awesomework:

It has LED turns on it, that need to have a relay put in so they work properly, so I have to locate that. The headlight bezel is cracked from having it laid over in a field, so I gotta fix that. Other than that it's ready to roll!

IMG_6682.jpg

Already tore the numbers off the front piece.:redneck:
IMG_6684.jpg

Cracked piece
IMG_6685.jpg

Dinged up rim.:mad:
IMG_6686.jpg

Engine shot.
IMG_6687.jpg

Now it's on to more research and whatnot. See what I can/can't do to this thing!:corn:

(I know I know, I got the KLR instead of the KTM, but this is gonna be a better bike for my riding level and what i want to do with it. Also, I never heard back from the kid.....kids....:rolleyes:)

sweet man!
im wanting a trail bike as well. and this is on the list, as a possible.

check out: http://www.cycleworksracing.net/phpBB3/index.php

greg knows everything there is to know about that machine...and many others.

it might be JUST a 250, its a damn good motor, and has good power for its size. i basically have the same engine in my quad.
throw a decent can on there, get it jetted, and you will be happy.

Cool. One of these days I'm going to bring my Husky over to Reiter and ride some of the single track I've seen out there, you up for it?

Cool! Maybe I can pick up some riding pointers from you guys! :D I'm a bit of a two-wheeled newb.:mad: I might go out this weekend and poke in on a few trails i remember being easy/tame on the quad. :awesomework: