• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

got a ?

im not 100% sure but I think a tj 44 is a second generation dana 44 and the j10 is the 1st gen. 44, which if im correct means the pinion diameters are different and take different bearings, shafts where different too...there was a good article on them in petersons a while back with pics of the 3 dana 44s made and alot of tech on them

ok so if it will work what instal kit should i buy and it also comes with the carier so shouldnt be any problem with that

Rockwells607 said:
im not 100% sure but I think a tj 44 is a second generation dana 44 and the j10 is the 1st gen. 44, which if im correct means the pinion diameters are different and take different bearings, shafts where different too...there was a good article on them in petersons a while back with pics of the 3 dana 44s made and alot of tech on them

pretty sure that's incorrect. They should work just fine. I think you may be thinking about a rubicon 44, which has different size ring gear bolts, and I believe the new jks are different too, with 32 spline axles.

http://yukongear.com/DiffDetails.aspx?DiffID=15&PartsLink=PartCats.aspx%3fSearchMode%3dDiff%26TypeID%3d3%26Type%3dDana+Spicer%26DiffID%3d15%26DiffName%3dDana+Spicer+D44

This link shows them being compatible.