• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got me a new 2012 XP

FroggF350

2012-02-01_17-40-47_823.jpg

Do they come in any color besides red? Everyone I know that has recently bought one has been Red.

They are sweet! :drinkers:

They have one called Voodoo Blue & it looks great but you can only get it with power steering & crap so its alot more paper!!

CheapJ7 said:
Do they come in any color besides red? Everyone I know that has recently bought one has been Red.

They are sweet! :drinkers:

White, Silver, Orange, Blue, and Red. Its about $1000 more the limited, and the only benefit is the tires. The only colored pastic is the front part. The rest is black with stickers, so you can buy a red one buy tires for around $400 and paint the front plastic whatever color you want.
WhiteXP.jpg

SilverXP.jpg

RedXP.jpg

OrangeXP.jpg

BlueXP.jpg

2 colors for the XP 4 seater
RedXP4.jpg

SilverXP4.jpg

congrats on the 900. you might want to check and make sure its not one with bad valve springs that are being recalled.
i stole this off souther rzr riders fourm.

from another source:
Some 2012 RANGER RZR XP 4 900 and RZR XP4 900 models may have been manufactured with engine valve springs that may fail. The resulting failure could lead to further engine damage.

Refer to the Repair Procedure for the proper installation of new valve springs. This Service Bulletin only affects a small number of 2012 models built on or between 12/14/2011 and 1/13/2012. Refer to "Unit Inquiry" website to be sure each vehicle is within the specified VIN range for this Service Bulletin.

Affected Models:
2012 R12JT87AB, AD, AS, AW RZR XP 900
2012 R12JT9EAW RZR XP 900 EPS
2012 R12XT87AA RZR XP 4 900
2012 R12XT9EAS RZR EX 4 900 EPS

SOLUTION
Polaris has provided your Polaris dealer with a service procedure to replace the valve springs. This procedure will take approximately 4 hours to perform. The parts and labor cost to perform this update will be paid by Polaris.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Please contact your local Polaris dealer at your earliest convenience to schedule a service appointment to have the valve springs replaced on your RZR. To avoid serious engine damage, please refrain from riding your RZR until this valve spring replacement has been performed.

We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are committed to quality and building the best vehicles in the world. Although we understand this is an inconvenience, it is important to have the service procedure performed prior to your next use.

While your Polaris ATV dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, if you have any questions your dealer cannot address, you may call our Customer Service Department at 1-888-704-5290

that **** sucks. what i dont understand is why do they keep selling them knowing they have bad springs in the head. i guess there just hopein people dont hear about it and that the motor blows so they can try no to take responsibility for it so they dont have to eat the cost of fixin it.

I've had an 800 s, what are the major advantages of the 900 that makes it worth so much more $. I would like to look into buying one myself, but that's a large commitment for a sxs. I would be climbing in it alot, so I'm sure the wheelbase helps, but what about the width? Can you still go to these state owned parks and ride the trails, or is it to wide?

It's 66" wide stock.
The 4WD system doesn't kick out when shifting.
Stronger Front Diff.
Better Suspension.
Wheelbase will help climbing.
Lots more power.

Those are some of the things that I'm aware of. I bought a 900 XP just before we went to the Baja 1000. It's the first SXS I've had so I can compare personally.

Hotrod said:
I've had an 800 s, what are the major advantages of the 900 that makes it worth so much more $. I would like to look into buying one myself, but that's a large commitment for a sxs. I would be climbing in it alot, so I'm sure the wheelbase helps, but what about the width? Can you still go to these state owned parks and ride the trails, or is it to wide?

That's the only thing that turns me away from the 900 is just the overall size, alot of trails would be tight! Somewhere like Windrock, Royal Blue etc they would probably be fine! I wish they would put the 900 motor in a standard S!

SilverStarCustoms said:
It's 66" wide stock.
The 4WD system doesn't kick out when shifting.
Stronger Front Diff.
Better Suspension.
Wheelbase will help climbing.
Lots more power.

Those are some of the things that I'm aware of. I bought a 900 XP just before we went to the Baja 1000. It's the first SXS I've had so I can compare personally.

XP is 64" wide, 4" wider then a s. They have pretty much the Same 4wd systems. XP does have way better suspension. Well worth the money for the XP imo

Also all rzr front diffs are the same in 2011's only difference is xp's have billet aluminum Sprague cages while the 800s have cast aluminum cages

Hotrod said:
Twice the power, this thing will smoke the tires on pavement, and bust donuts like a turbo 800... I havent got to run in the woods, so no opinion on that. CSC Fab is putting mine under the knife before I take it to the woods. Getting new lower A-Arms, high clearance trailing arms, high clearance trac bars, rock sliders, and full skid plate.

FroggF350 said:
Twice the power, this thing will smoke the tires on pavement, and bust donuts like a turbo 800... I havent got to run in the woods, so no opinion on that. CSC Fab is putting mine under the knife before I take it to the woods. Getting new lower A-Arms, high clearance trailing arms, high clearance trac bars, rock sliders, and full skid plate.

What about a cage?

Latest posts