• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got propane mixer?

Technician

Well????
Last weekend at golden mountain I had a nasty back fire on my propane mixer. I need to find replacement parts. Does anyone know what kind of mixer Cary uses on the EFI set up and where can I get replacement parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't yet. Just give Cary a ring. He had one out to me same day. Price was right as well :) Knew exactly which parts were needed. Also found the source of the backfire pretty quick. Great customer service.

Be very careful buying from GotPropane. I am sure he is a nice guy and knows his stuff BUT when I bought a kit off him two years ago I paid full price for impco parts and received a cheap Chinese knockoff Gemini mixer. It was made from shitty porous material and was leaking at the threaded area the fitting go into. Maybe it was a fluke and a one time thing but that leak could have cost me a hell of a lot more than the replacement impco unit I'm had to buy from somewhere else. FYI, the Gemini mixer was leaking because of a crack and I never used it other than the initial install.

Naughty_Finger said:
Be very careful buying from GotPropane. I am sure he is a nice guy and knows his stuff BUT when I bought a kit off him two years ago I paid full price for impco parts and received a cheap Chinese knockoff Gemini mixer. It was made from shitty porous material and was leaking at the threaded area the fitting go into. Maybe it was a fluke and a one time thing but that leak could have cost me a hell of a lot more than the replacement impco unit I'm had to buy from somewhere else. FYI, the Gemini mixer was leaking because of a crack and I never used it other than the initial install.
that's the same mixer I got.

I'd say you best bet it to talk to Buddy. I am running one of his kits. Have talked to him numerous time for questions. He knows what he is talking about and is a solid guy that was always willing to help.

I'm gonna call Buddy when I figure out what i got. Right now I'm 5000 miles away from my mixer. That's why I was asking if anyone knew what type of mixer it was.

I know for a fact that not everything gotpropane sells is impco. Some of it is. Some of it ( Gemini ) is a no name cheap Chinese product. I had one of his Gemini mixers. I paid for a impco mixer. I had to go buy an impco mixer from one of gotpropane's distributors because I needed a mixer the next day. Impco and Gemini are VERY different quality wise. Gemini is porous cast and just plain junk. The one I had turned my motor into a potential flame thrower if there was a spark present. The distributor ( I didn't know at the time that they were ) asked me to bring him the Gemini so he could see it. That's how I know 100% what it is, where I bought it and how much it costs vs an impco. I am sure gotpropane is a nice guy and runs a good business. I can only tell share with you the facts from my personal dealings with him, propane conversion and the distributor ( who I found out later is the largest supplier of impco parts and propane conversions in the country ). Not bashing. Just the facts.