• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got thenew motor in

ICEHAWK

I put the new motor in my truck andrun great tell it started to smoke and the motor only 70 miles on it. what would that be. It is alot of smoke. I haveto change my oil and do the vales. But I do not think that that will fix.Please help. I have alot of money into this motor.

what color smoke? blue white?
what motor and what have you done to it?

If it is still running right I would say you didn't get a gasket setup correctly or maybe you didn't setup the rings off set from each other... But really had to say with out more info.

Oh check and see if you have foamy oil and/or if you have oil in your coolent.

blue white and no water in oil.no foaming in oil. It run great but just smokes alot. I have 5-30 oil in it because I had it in my garage. would that be the it

I have 5-30 oil in it because I had it in my garage

By "oil in it" do you mean in the oil pan for normal use, or that you put oil in the cylinders because it was sitting in your garage? If you put oil in the cylinders because it was sitting, then it burning off is normal.

~T.J.

put in the oil pan for normal use. I think that one of the ring did not seat and it will have to come out.:mad: :mad:

Ok, in the pan. Just making sure you didnt coat the cylinders or anything like that.

Did you seat the rings according to the manufacturers recommendations? I know when I did mine, I had to do some kinda accelerate/decelerate crap to seat them.

I heard an old trick about blocking off the PCV system and supposedly that will build up pressure to seat the rings, but I have never tried it. Only heard of it from an old mechanic.

Also, are you sure you got the rings stacked right with the gaps all going the right directions?

~T.J.

What Exactly have you had done to the motor ? And how did you break it in?

I would check the plugs and do a leakdown test to determine if the rings are the culprit first.

Too much crankcase pressure can push oil past the rings if the PCV is not functioning properly.

Was the head rebuilt also?

Latest posts