• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Got these in today..

JNK-RNR

..kiss the ole crappy marlin shackles good bye...

normal_2006_10190068.JPG

I might end up cutting out the braces in the middle, but I will give them a shot first.

are these the offset shackles that they sell at 4wheel parts? casue they look the same (minus the offset) as my rears which were purchased at 4wp except mine didnt come with those fancy greaseable bolts.

johnboy said:
are these the offset shackles that they sell at 4wheel parts? casue they look the same (minus the offset) as my rears which were purchased at 4wp except mine didnt come with those fancy greaseable bolts.
Just about everyone sells these ones so I wouldn't be suprised if they were the same. Nobody makes a good unbraced bent plate shackle anymore, AOR was the last. Everyone else has gone to the flat plates and spacers, and the plates are soo skinny that the shoulders of the bushings have nothing to seat against so they get cut off and chewed up when you flex.

skrause said:
Just about everyone sells these ones so I wouldn't be suprised if they were the same. Nobody makes a good unbraced bent plate shackle anymore, AOR was the last. Everyone else has gone to the flat plates and spacers, and the plates are soo skinny that the shoulders of the bushings have nothing to seat against so they get cut off and chewed up when you flex.
How thick were the AOR's?

These are 3/8" thick.

The shackels are performance accessories greaseable's..the Marlin shackles I had up front caused me to replace the bushings every 4 runs or so. I lost no flex..and the on road drive feels a little more responsive.

skrause said:

bud builts metal bushings are larger so you don't have the springs sliding from side to side.

been there done that.