• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Government Meadows

I was up there exploring. I just stumbled on a historic sign and wondered if it was an open trail or not, I'd like to go back. There was lot's of mud under the snow but I didn't get stuck.

white river ranger station 360-825-6585. But as devon posted the west side is closed til july 15

Of course if you're hiking it it's open year round. It's closed only to 4x4 use during the dates stated.

Of course if you're hiking it it's open year round. It's closed only to 4x4 use during the dates stated.

No, I took my 12" lifted, 44" Boggered, turbo charged cummin's, mud wumpin' Dodge. :redneck:

To avoid some sort of mis-understanding and flame war the board is so famous for "JUST KIDDING!" I'm new around here and trying to learn the ropes, but I do pay attention. :haha:

No, I took my 12" lifted, 44" Boggered, turbo charged cummin's, mud wumpin' Dodge. :redneck:

To avoid some sort of mis-understanding and flame war the board is so famous for "JUST KIDDING!" I'm new around here and trying to learn the ropes, but I do pay attention. :haha:

Sorry, I forgot the :fawkdancesmiley: and the :; and this one too :kissmyass:

I am pretty sure roger followed all the rules--he's an old school wheeler :awesomework:

Old is right. Actually I haven't been up there in a few years. The only run I made was in September, all the way over to Tri-pod and out. Had a blast and was wondering when I could head out again.

i know the westside is closed until july 15th, but are you able to start on the little naches side (kaner flats area) and go to the snowmobilers cabin and turn around?? basically, can you drive the eastside without crossing over?? i can't seem to find that info on the fs sites.
i called and left a message with the orv supervisor at the naches station.

i know the westside is closed until july 15th, but are you able to start on the little naches side (kaner flats area) and go to the snowmobilers cabin and turn around?? basically, can you drive the eastside without crossing over?? i can't seem to find that info on the fs sites.

Nope, the line is the last road you cross before you get to the cabin. I would guess around a mile before you get to it.

Yes you can get to the cabin from the east side. Last time I checked, the seasonal closure signs are at the bottom of the big hill west of the cabin.

Yes you can get to the cabin from the east side. Last time I checked, the seasonal closure signs are at the bottom of the big hill west of the cabin.

I am pretty sure (100%) driving to the cabin from either side between the closed dates is not allowed........I am trying to find the map and info I seen about this.....so I could be wrong about the line....but not likely.:D

It looks to me that the Pacific Crest trail is the boarder line on Ranger districts. The Cabin is on that trail. I believe the Naches Ranger District does not close their part of Naches Pass trail yet.

Last edited:
The border is or at least was the crest trail. enforcement of the area was taken over by the Naches district a year or so back so I am not sure if they have moved the boundry to include the cabin from the east side. (since the crest trail is right behind the cabin) So Roger are you talking about the boyscout sign with the wagon on it? We put that up a few years back with the boyscouts.